Need to order H4831.....best prices ?

There been a small drop in H 4831 8# now at $316 to $320. MidSouth and Natchez. Brownell still @ $385 @ 8#.
Varget in available in 1's & 8's # but in the $385 area. Primers really none.

I would just like to point out that at the beginning of the thread an 8lb jug was in the neighborhood of 120$...

The times we live in....

Anyway, carry on...
You can wait until it comes down. Just when that will happen who knows. I generally surf the net everyday. I noted that H4831SC has moved down in prices.
What bugs me the most is no primers or a lack of. Powders I have except for one. So I am really in the market for any. I just watch there prices and what 5.56 ammo is going for. The 5.56 has moved down to less than $0.40 per round. That has greatly reduce for just over a year ago. It was $2.00 per round.

I would just like to point out that at the beginning of the thread an 8lb jug was in the neighborhood of 120$...

The times we live in....

Anyway, carry on...
If powder was still $120 a keg I wouldn't be able to rip my wallet out of my jeans fast enough to buy many 8lbs kegs of powder lol.

Inflation isn't the main culprit either, $120 in 2008 is equivalent to about $160 today. So even at $160 powder would be cheap. That's about how much I was paying for 8lb kegs of Alliant before Covid and the election ruined all of my fun. The manufacturers are really proud of their components these days. Berger's are up $20/100 since 2020 as well.

You can wait until it comes down. Just when that will happen who knows. I generally surf the net everyday. I noted that H4831SC has moved down in prices.
What bugs me the most is no primers or a lack of. Powders I have except for one. So I am really in the market for any. I just watch there prices and what 5.56 ammo is going for. The 5.56 has moved down to less than $0.40 per round. That has greatly reduce for just over a year ago. It was $2.00 per round.
Nah I buy what I need when I can find it. I was just pointing out that 1. This was a 2008 thread and 2. That powder used to be that cheap...
Not any more though LOL
If powder was still $120 a keg I wouldn't be able to rip my wallet out of my jeans fast enough to buy many 8lbs kegs of powder lol.

Inflation isn't the main culprit either, $120 in 2008 is equivalent to about $160 today. So even at $160 powder would be cheap. That's about how much I was paying for 8lb kegs of Alliant before Covid and the election ruined all of my fun. The manufacturers are really proud of their components these days. Berger's are up $20/100 since 2020 as well.
You and me both buddy, you and me both