Need some help. cant decide brand of rifle.

Remington Sendero ! If you dont plan on upgrades . If you want to go custom barrel then buy you a standard Remington M-700 rifle (used) and put the extra money into a nice HART barrel:D and blow the socks off of any savage !! Several custom actions have the M-700 foot print. gun)gun)

Good luck with your choice .....

I as well have a remington 700, a savage and a weatherby s2. They are all close in the accuracy department but quality and fit and finish go to the weatherby hands down. the rum hits em hard way out there but that little 257roy is a deadly little pill.:D

Try a model 116 Savage in 6.5x284. Plenty of long range power for deer and yotes. The new Savage rifles are the best out of the box. With the accu-trigger and accu-stock and the ability to change barrels at home with a wrench and a go gage you can't go wrong. If you don't like the very good standard trigger , rifle basix makes an after market trigger. In the 6.5 you have the best bullet bc's and lapua brass. My last Remington was crap! The vanguard is , well , unamerican. Savage has the best trigger, stock, barrel ( button pulled like a top dollar custom ) , fastest lock time. There is a reason Savage is winning shooting comps. all over with factory guns.

Absolutely correct! Savage is the biggest right now for a reason, accuracy, quality & price. I have the Savage LRH in 6.5x284 and it will outshoot or shoot with most custom guns right out of the box. The accu-trigger is the best factory trigger available as is the accu-stock. Plus they are very innovative with their caliber options,

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts