Need some 300 WSM Loads

motown

I just picked up a browning abolt white gold medallion 300wsm and I am looking for some loads. I am going to be using either 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips of Accubonds. Any help would be appreciated.

yes I went with a 180 grain noslers and RL22 for my 300 WSM. I loaded them to magazine length , and tuned to good accurate load.

With the 165 grain cup and core bullets you will need a powder a little slower than those shooting the 180s. I found the best results with IMR4350,but I will let you find your own sweet spot because the 300WSM seems to like higher operating pressures. My good friend has an A-bolt hunter in this caliber and it is a real tack driver with 165 grain Hornady SST bullets with IMR4350. BTW, he has killed at least two elk with this load and they were bang/flop shots, although we all know that is impossible because these Hornadys are not "premium bullets".LOL

The 165gr bullet loads my 300WSM likes are:
65.0grs of IMR-4350
67.0grs of Ramshot Hunter
69.0grs of Reloader-22

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.