Need some help with this 300 load

My brother-in-laws rem 300win loved h4350 and hated all others you'd be surprised how different rifles like different powders same caliber!

Might try seating the bullet deeper. I realize that it will have a long jump, but 4.3" is a long way out there for a 300 WM. Not all bullets shoot well near the lands. I have loaded the 200 ELD-X in a rem 700 long range and accuracy nodes were not near the rifling. That being said the 200 shot ok, but not stellar. Best 5 shot groups were 1.2". I have done really well with 215 bergers and 208 amax bullets over H4831 in 300WM.

Might try seating the bullet deeper. I realize that it will have a long jump, but 4.3" is a long way out there for a 300 WM. Not all bullets shoot well near the lands. I have loaded the 200 ELD-X in a rem 700 long range and accuracy nodes were not near the rifling. That being said the 200 shot ok, but not stellar. Best 5 shot groups were 1.2". I have done really well with 215 bergers and 208 amax bullets over H4831 in 300WM.
Thank you. I'm waiting for a calmnwind day to get those rounds down range.

I have had much better luck reloading with 180gr bullets in 30 cal. 200+ grains do much better in 338 win. Not saying you cant get decent groups, but it's much easier to get good groups using 180's.

I would say try different seating depths. I know with my xcr tac II and my buddies sendero we had a hard time getting the 210 vld's To shoot but for both of them in the 1/2-3/4 moa. Had prep the brass thoroughly, weighed and sorted brass, seating depth and powder charge surprised me a bit. I had to shoot a little lower charge of h-1000 then expected. switched to the 215's after they came out and easy as hell to load for. .05 thou off lands to .60 thou off lands. With multiple nodes. 5gr heavier bullet I was pushing faster which no signs of pressure in the 1/2 moa no problem! I'd suggest to try the 215's oit

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.