Need some help on a load for 300 ultra mag

COUNTRY

Hey guys I'm looking to buy some customed loaded 300 ultra mag ammo. Anyone know of a company that sells the good stuff ? Rifle is remington 700 bdl ss with brake installed, I like the way the gun shoots now with remington scricco bullets in 150gr. ( less than 1 inch group now) but would like to go for a more heaver bullet for long range hunting ( whitetail and smaller type game is what I will be hunting) any suggestions would help, I would rather not have to get back into reloading if I didnt have to but still not crossing it out. I would like to shoot the barnes bullet or the berger bullet. I think the 150gr scricco perform great and shot great out of my rifle but I think I may need a heavyer bullet for ranges past 500 yds What do you guys think.

Country

Last edited:
ammo cant be "custom" if it comes from a major mfg., it has to be to sammi spec. , mainly oal and pressure, which may or may not be the best load for your rifle. and 150 gr. is plenty for deer and smaller out to 500 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.