300 WSM loose primer pockets - need some help please

Winchester just made one Large Rifle Primer until about 3 years ago. On the boxes it said for standard or magnum loads. I do not know if they changed the primers formula but now list primers for standard loads on one group and magnum on the other group boxes. Sometimes hot primers will move the bullet at primer ignition and change volume and change speed from one round to the next. Good Luck in finding the answers you want.

Winchester just made one Large Rifle Primer until about 3 years ago. On the boxes it said for standard or magnum loads. I do not know if they changed the primers formula but now list primers for standard loads on one group and magnum on the other group boxes. Sometimes hot primers will move the bullet at primer ignition and change volume and change speed from one round to the next. Good Luck in finding the answers you want.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

The WLR worked great, so as far as I'm concerned that's my answer. They also have a nice tight fit in the norma brass. Once I verify my preferred load with the norma brass and WLR primers I'll try the WLRM again for a comparison.

Appreciate the feedback.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.