need help with bottom metal 26 nosler

dug

can anyone lead me to bottom metal that will work without feeding issues from mag for 26 nosler cal.?
the smith that opened up the lips on bottom of rem action went to far i think because when push feeding a round 2 pop up and jam the feed to the chamber .
or does the follower and mag box have to be changed out ?
i'm using the original mag box and follower from donor rem action.
so looking for bottom metal with fixed mag or detachable mag to solve this .
thx for your time
dug

Any center feed mag or detachable for the ultra mags will work. I have one of the Wyatt's DBM set ups for sale, or if you want an internal mag, the wyatt's CFE 13, 12, or 9 will work, depending on the length that you want.

You need the proper ultra mag box. They are different. A box from the 300wm or 7mm rem mag will do just what you are describing if used on a 26 Nosler.

What do the feed lips fit like? They must be tighter than the brass is for the first inch. A 30-06 action doesn't need opened much. I do the bulk of the work with a 1" wide diamond knife lapping tool and then deburr down to 400 grit so they run real smooth on the brass without cutting it up. If the brass just drops through, the action is now ready for a Lapua build.

If that doesn't work a new action is in order. No questions, no if, and or buts. No smith should attempt a custom job he can't afford to make right if he goofs up from his workmanship error.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.