Custom bottom metal for Nosler M48

SShultz

This is a real long shot, but does anyone know of a smith or company that makes custom bottom metal? There isn't anything out there for the Nosler so I need something made. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I've wanted to but don't have a Howa or Vanguard available to me currently. I've heard the same thing, but also saw online where Nosler said it wouldn't work.

I've wanted to but don't have a Howa or Vanguard available to me currently. I've heard the same thing, but also saw online where Nosler said it wouldn't work.
Wrong, they are the same, with minor tweaks to the action threads, bolt release etc. bottom metal shoul be the same length. Look at ptg DBM for a longer length box setup

Well this turned out to be a really expensive lesson learned. The Howa long action is absolutely NOT the same length as the Nosler M48 long action. The difference in length is about 3/16". I'm pretty deep into this bottoms metal so hopefully my expensive lesson may benefit other folks in the future.

IMG_3471.jpeg