Need help with a Legal Problem! Purchasing Ammunition

matt_3479

I know almost everyone here is American and this is a problem about a 17 year in Ontario. I dont completely understand this Ontario Ammunition Regulations Act and wondering if anyone here could help explain.

Ontario Ammunition Regulation Act-

"Despite subsection (1), a person under 18 years old may purchase ammunition if he or she presents at the time of purchase the valid identification required under subsection (1) and a valid permit issued to him or her under subsection 110 (6) of the Criminal Code (Canada)"

" Despite subsection (1), a person 16 or 17 years old may purchase ammunition if he or she presents at the time of purchase the valid identification required under subsection (1) and a valid permit issued to him or her under subsection 110 (7) of the Criminal Code (Canada)"

Now reading that im wondering at the age of 17 if i could walk into a gun store or even the closest out door store and purchase ammunition with my minors licence.

Without having subsection (1) and subsection 110 (7) of the Criminal Code (Canada)" It's hard to tell.

I'm guessing they won't sell you any ammo?

My friends in Canada said the reloading laws are a Cluster f#@^! so they have a friend who does loading and they get him to smuggle the Brass/Primers and Powder over the border.

Do yourself a favor if your a gun lover and move out of Canada. If i'm not mistaken you have to have a background check done and have a required hunters safety course to hunt? I've also heard that your rifles, shotgun's, handgun's etc have to be locked up in your own house... That kind of defeats the purpose of having a gun for home protection? This is one reason I love the United States.

Goudy: Now is it not true that you sprang up on old man Wharton and his two sons with a deadly, six shot revolver in your hand?
Rooster Cogburn:
I always try to be ready.
Goudy:
Was this revolver loaded and cocked?
Rooster Cogburn:
Well, a gun that's unloaded and cocked ain't good for nothin'

Cheers,
-RiP

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.