NEED HELP WITH A 35 WHELEN IMPROVED

Seating is done at all the same POWDER CHARGE. Changing powder charge is your mistake, you're just adding unnecessary variables.
I do all of my seating testing with ONE powder charge with .010" variance from touching (0.00") out to .050". Then, and only then, do I mess with powder. I also use a middle load from a manual so that powder isn't influencing the outcome…

Cheers.
Yes. You really should only change one variable at a time. Most folks will do powder first, some seating depth first. There are valid reasons either way. Personally I do a rough powder test just to see the potential. Some powder and bullet combos just dont work and I dont want to waste my time on it.

Yes. You really should only change one variable at a time. Most folks will do powder first, some seating depth first. There are valid reasons either way. Personally I do a rough powder test just to see the potential. Some powder and bullet combos just dont work and I dont want to waste my time on it.
ok thanks so much for your help

With the component shortages and price increases I have started doing one shot powder ladders to find max and look for nodes. With an accurate rifle you may need to do this at 200-300 yds. With a benchrest accurate rifle 600 yds. You look for the horizontal cluster of bullet impacts. Start your fine powder ladders there then do a seating test. Has worked really well for me.

Hi guys was curious if anyone here has used CFE 223 IN A 35 WHELEN IMPROVED ?

The problem im having is my groups are not where i think they should be.
my barrel is a 26 inch 1-12 twist chambered in 35 whlen improved.
my projectiles i have available are 200 grain accubonds. i have varget and cfe 223 for powders available.
ive done a ladder test from 68 to 70 grains in .2 grain increments and the barrel will put a 3 shot group together at 2 inchs at 200 yards with 69 grains of cfe223.
however even with seating depth test it will not tighten down any more then that 2 inch group. do you think i should see what 66 to 68 grain powder charge looks like ?? or

any suggestions ?

Hi guys was curious if anyone here has used CFE 223 IN A 35 WHELEN IMPROVED ?

The problem im having is my groups are not where i think they should be.
my barrel is a 26 inch 1-12 twist chambered in 35 whlen improved.
my projectiles i have available are 200 grain accubonds. i have varget and cfe 223 for powders available.
ive done a ladder test from 68 to 70 grains in .2 grain increments and the barrel will put a 3 shot group together at 2 inchs at 200 yards with 69 grains of cfe223.
however even with seating depth test it will not tighten down any more then that 2 inch group. do you think i should see what 66 to 68 grain powder charge looks like ?? or change powders ?? what would be my better option for tighter 3 shot groups ?
I shoot 35 WhelenAI and it has 24" Kreiger barrel,1/14 twist. I'm shooting R15 with 225gr AB. How much case capacity did you gain with AI case? Have you talked to anyone about 12 twist?

I shoot 35 WhelenAI and it has 24" Kreiger barrel,1/14 twist. I'm shooting R15 with 225gr AB. How much case capacity did you gain with AI case? Have you talked to anyone about 12 twist?
I was shooting 70 grains of CFE and it only came up to neck shoulder junction. No I haven't talked to anyone else about the 1-12 twist. But I'm thinking a 225 would be better in this twist