Need help troubleshooting 300 RUM pressure issue.

Correction: I started a thread on Norma brass (who also makes the Nosler brass)

Yup, I would think Retumbo a bit fast for the 7 RUM and even 33 might be a bit fast until the 195's come out.

Anyway, I'm done with Rem brass in the 300 RUM. Bertram for me.

Excuse my ignorance but I can buy 338 edge bertram brass and size it down to 300 rum?

Yup, that is exactly what I am going to do.

sorry for all the off topic posts but can some one PM me and fill me in on how the heck to do that. Im new to all this. I did a ladder today and just blew one ragged hole throughout he target with my 300 rum today with 6 rounds before the bolt was a wee bit harder to lift and the back of the brass had the ring on it. doh……………..

sorry for all the off topic posts but can some one PM me and fill me in on how the heck to do that. Im new to all this. I did a ladder today and just blew one ragged hole throughout he target with my 300 rum today with 6 rounds before the bolt was a wee bit harder to lift and the back of the brass had the ring on it. doh……………..

Just run it through a sizing die. The 338 Edge is actually a 338-300 RUM. The parent case is the 300 RUM necked up to 338

Approximately 5-10 thou off the lands. The throat apparently grew about .060-.070" during the intensive lapping with IOSSO :rolleyes:

Oh well, can't complain about the accuracy :)

Okay I was just wondering because I see your ES numbers are good but not amazing. And I've seen quit frequently with rl 33 that the farther you seat the bullets, the lower the ES numbers get. So I was just going to pass that on to you just in case you haven't considered it yet. But looks like your way ahead of me!

Good shooting!gun)

Okay I was just wondering because I see your ES numbers are good but not amazing. And I've seen quit frequently with rl 33 that the farther you seat the bullets, the lower the ES numbers get. So I was just going to pass that on to you just in case you haven't considered it yet. But looks like your way ahead of me!

Good shooting!gun)

Thanks... yeah, I was aware that guys were seeing better ES's close to the lands. Some of those ES's that i shot may have been before i realized the throat had grown. Some of those bullets were jumping 70 thou or more. Once I get some new brass I'm sure I'll see better ES's.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.