300 RUM pressure?

robert6715

While getting ready to teach a friend to reload for his 300 RUM I noticed that about half of his once fired brass had very visible extractor marks (brass had flowed into the round extractor pocket in the bolt face). 47 out of 100 piecies of brass were like this. Is this normal for this round? What kind of brass life are you guys getting with this round?

When I asked him if he had ever expierenced a stiff bolt with his rifle he had no idea what I was talking about. Rifle is factory 700. All brass is from factory Remington premier ammo.

Thanks in advance Rob

I bought and shot 1 box of factory loaded ammo in my rum. It was power level 3 180 grain sciroccos (sp?) And each and every piece of that brass shows extractor marks. I have since loaded that brass 4-5 times more at reasonable loads (90 grains retumbo and 210 or 215 Berger's) and it is still going well with good neck tension and primer pockets. I don't anneal either.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.