Need Help throwing around some Ideas!!

Chaser

Ok guys, Here is the deal. I have a shot out 223 Imp. I loved the gun and the round. but as with everyone I want to try something new. What I was thinking was a 6MM BR IMP shooting the 105-115gr bullets I know that I will have to open the bolt face which is not a problem. I will install a sako extractor when I do it. Now the Question is what would you guys do. I will be using a Douglas barrel, I know the guys who work there and I think that their products are very under rated. Also if I change the bolt I will have 550-600 pieces of 223IMP brass in load boxes most are loaded. I am just looking for the other options that I have not thougth of or heard of. Also what length and twist should I go with? Thanks

I have a 6mm-223 Imp on an AR platform and I love it , the 55gr Balistic tips for the 6mm have a higher BC than the ones for the 223 and this case will run them out a bit faster , the barrel life is greatly increased as is the effeciency of the round so you don't need as long of a barrel to get higher speeds.

BUT , you will be just about on the limit for the powder to bulklet weight curve with the 80-90gr pills but the 90gr VLD's launched at 2700 fps is pretty impressive ballisticly.

But the 6mmBR is a great round , I personaly would want a little bit bigger case for the 100+gr bullets like the 6.5x47 or 243 but the 6mmBR has proven itself at past 1000yds with the heavy bullets so that just my oppinion

Come on guys is this all that I am going to get. I know you guys have some more thougths than this. Throw them out I want to know what every one would do in this situation!!:confused::confused:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.