Need some Ideas on 300 Win Mag ammo

Porter

I am planning on doing some Deer/Elk hunting with my 300 Win Mag out to 800-1000 yards. Could you guys give me your recommendations on what ammo would be the best to use? I am new to the 300 Win Mag so I am going to take this next year to learn all I can on it and then go hunt. Thanks in advance for your Help.

Hi porter.

Some good friend of mine use the 200gr accubond for that task.
It drop a litte more but the momentum is better and the accubond(nosler) do a wonderful job at any range. The 180 gr nosler partition would be good to if your rifle like it.

You may also want to look at the 180g E-tip ( Nosler), has almost the same bc as the Accubond, and picks up a little velocity over the 200g. Less time of flight.

Steve

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. You got any preferences on the brands of the ammo listed above?
Thanks again and good shooting.
Porter

I friend of mine is using 168gr Berger VLD
with GREAT results.
This gun/bullet combo has taken 7 Elk or Deer this year
with absolutely devastating results.
All were 1 shot kills except for 1 from a poorly placed shot
from a 1st time youth hunter.
That Bull was not going anywhere but a follow up was used.

Mike

I'm shooting a SAKO 75 Greywolf with BERGER 210 over 80.o H1000 in Lapua brass with Federal 210 Gold Medal Match primers
avg 2810 fps with very low ES & SD

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.