Need help in choosing brand of brass for 260 Rem.

I'm currently doing a test with starline, Lapua and Peterson SRP brass, I'm running a 139 scenar at 3000 fps from a 26 inch match barrel. The starline primer pockets began to loosen a little on the 3rd firing, but never got so bad the primers were falling out after the 8th firing on them. The Lapua and Peterson are both tight after 8 firings. I've heard great things about Alpha also. For the money the upper end brass is worth it to me. But, for hunting or regular use at sane velocities, the starline works good too.

I'm currently doing a test with starline, Lapua and Peterson SRP brass, I'm running a 139 scenar at 3000 fps from a 26 inch match barrel. The starline primer pockets began to loosen a little on the 3rd firing, but never got so bad the primers were falling out after the 8th firing on them. The Lapua and Peterson are both tight after 8 firings. I've heard great things about Alpha also. For the money the upper end brass is worth it to me. But, for hunting or regular use at sane velocities, the starline works good too.
Did your testing include any case volume data? I would be interested to know just how consistent the Starline cases were compared to the Lapua. I weighed fifty .308 Lapua cases once and was surprised at the deviation. Also weighed over 100 Starline .308 cases and deviation wasn't near a good.

Handloading with Starline brass and am pleased with my results. Need another 100 cases to be able to compete in a monthly 2 stage 600- and 1000-yard match. Last weekend with only 100 loaded rounds found myself with little to spare for sight-in shots. Managed to get SD of 11.5 out of the Starline brass. Not excellent, but good enough to keep me at sub MOA at both 600 and 1000. So, do I purchase another 100 cases of Starline or go with Lapua or Peterson brass? I'm leaning towards the Peterson, but would like to hear from others.
Graff and son had/has Peterson lg primer on sale, that being said i use that for pigs and most other styles of shooting. For competition i use Lapua only! Ive been shooting 260 for over 30 yrs, Started out out with wildcats 6.5/08 and 6.5/06 built together for most my needs till 260 became SAMMI. Lancetkenyon is spot on, and always listen to JE Custom. PM me if u want me to elucidate on 260. It is my fav!!!!!!!!

Lapua is the most consistent for me in terms of weight, length and volume.

I'm currently trying some Petersen small primer brass and I was shocked at the inconsistency especially in length. I had to trim them down to below SAAMI minimum to get them all consistent in length and volume. We will see how they turn out after the first firing.

Haven't tried ADG or Alpha.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.