NEED HELP / BUYING NEW SCOPE

Ok fellow shooters. The boss (Wife) gave me the go ahead to buy a new scope for me Bergara BMP 6.5 Creedmoor. Price range up to around 1,500. I know this is a loaded question but, what scope should I go with? Been looking at the Vortex Viper, Leupold, Nightforce range however, haven't been around the long range scene long enough to know what is best at this price range. Im smart enough to ask questions from you all who have the experience. I will probably only get to do this one time so all Help is appreciated. Will more than likely be maxed out around 1K yrds but would like to work at that Mile shot eventually. What are the current match shooters using? Think I want a 1st focal plain at least 30mm tube and 50mm Obj. I have seen some Labor day sales still running so looking to buy fairly quick. What so you all think?
Thanks,
I'm up to six VX-6's and over time plan on replacing nearly everything else with them.

I've also had extremely good luck with IOR Valdada Tactical Scopes.

Everyone has their favorites and I've tried just about all of them up through NF but for my money the VX-6's meet all of my needs very well.

I had very bad luck with Vortex Viper pst's and HS and will not own another one. I had to return 3 out of five that would not track or hold zero out of the box.

I have 6.5 x 284 with a NF SHV F1 (first focal plane) 4-14 x 50 on it. Hit a 10" target at 1100 yds twice last summer so it works! I own Swarovski, Leupold, Zeiss on some of my other rifles. You'll need to understand how far you want to shoot it and whether the scope you are considering can actually dial out to 1000yds.. A 20 MOA pic rail is advisable. Nightforce in my mind is built a bit tougher than all the others I've mentioned and their reputation for quality second to none. Should fit your budget as well.

Ok fellow shooters. The boss (Wife) gave me the go ahead to buy a new scope for me Bergara BMP 6.5 Creedmoor. Price range up to around 1,500. I know this is a loaded question but, what scope should I go with? Been looking at the Vortex Viper, Leupold, Nightforce range however, haven't been around the long range scene long enough to know what is best at this price range. Im smart enough to ask questions from you all who have the experience. I will probably only get to do this one time so all Help is appreciated. Will more than likely be maxed out around 1K yrds but would like to work at that Mile shot eventually. What are the current match shooters using? Think I want a 1st focal plain at least 30mm tube and 50mm Obj. I have seen some Labor day sales still running so looking to buy fairly quick. What so you all think?
Thanks,
Night force nsx line of scopes would be a nice option although they are a little over your budget I have not tried the SHV line of scopes so I cannot comment on those they are about in your price range

I like your attitude at a mile you got a bullet drop of about 110 feet more or less, but off a solid bench and forgiving wind, look again at the vortex FFP offerings, their glass beats the snot out of Leup's and Burris and get a mil reticle you'll never look back.

I like your attitude at a mile you got a bullet drop of about 110 feet more or less, but off a solid bench and forgiving wind, look again at the vortex FFP offerings, their glass beats the snot out of Leup's and Burris and get a mil reticle you'll never look back.
Clearly glass is personal preference lol.
What are you comparing? The razor to the vx1 or fulfield? That you think it beats the snot out of them
I would disagree that vortex beats the snot out of any comparable scope on glass quality

I would look hard at the Athlon Cronus, they can be had for your budget if you shop around, or call Doug at camera land for an open box special. Great glass, 34mm tube, 56mm bell, tracks right.

That isn't even remotely accurate or based in any fact.

Vortex glass is decent at best, it's not in the same league as the VX6 much less the HD.

I shoot March and Nightforce on my competition rifles. If you want to shoot to a mile and do it as effectively as possible I would not get any scope under 40 power and you want something with plenty of internal adjustment. I'd spend another 250 bucks and buy a used 55 or 60 power March scope and just be done with it. Like you said you may never get the opportunity again. I've been lucky to be able to own a lot of the mentioned scopes posted about so far and I'd just buy a used march or used nxs 42 or 32 or competition nf. These may not be the best hunting scopes but since it sounds like your wanting to shoot at range more than at critters id go that route. Khales and s and b would be good too, I just don't have any personal experience with them and they are pricey and I don't see many used ones for sale. If you only get to buy one I wouldn't cheap out. Go March and ruin yourself for cheaper scopes.

On my 1000 yes 300
If you are looking to shoot out to a mile eventually the Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56mm FFP gives you big bang for you buck. Comparable to the Nightforce 5-25x56mm F1 but $1250 less. LOW in Japan makes both scopes. Only draw back is the 10 year warranty is only honoured in Poland at present. Build quality is tier one and tracking is excellent.

If you are interested, these guys sell them in Canada. Prices are in CAD so if you do the math you can buy it for about $1750 USD.... a little more than your budget but big, big bang for your buck.

www.hirschprecision.com

Light optical works does not make Nightforce scopes. Nightforce does source parts and glass from them but they are assembled in the states. A lot of the high end scopes including leupold source their glass from low and Zeiss. I'm not knocking Nightforce but I believe they are originally an Australian company. The only truely United States made scope company that I know of is us optics.
And I don't think I'd ever buy a scope that didn't have a lifetime warranty that cost very much. And for that matter I'd take a scope manufactured with all the best pieces from all over the world over a scope made of a single companies parts.

Just to muddy the watter a little more, I love the Sightron SIII series. They just released the 6-24 with a zero stop. Glass is great, tracking is spot on, lifetime warranty, 100 moa of adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.