Need feedback on a Vortex

IME a quality hunting scope (top quality) never needs more than a 44 mm objective. 99% of the time a 32-40mm is plenty.

It really depends on your budget and your use. I put one on my 22. I also have a PST Gen II and then my optics jump to S&B. The Strike Eagle is good for my use on the .22. The color was a little weird, and the clarity is not up to the PST Gen II. That said, so far the adjustments are reliable and I like the reticle. If this was going to be used for field judging, it wouldn't be my pick. But if this was just to execute the shot, and you have a spotter or other better glass for judging and spotting hits/misses, then it would be fine.

Also, I'm in the opposite camp that a scope never needs to be more than 44mm. I run 56mm objectives on my hunting rifle and most of my match guns. I saw a 72mm Zeiss or something once, if that was FFP, I would have considered it for my hunting rifle. I want to be able to get every last minute of legal light. As it is I run a 4-16x56 T96 Polar on my hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.