Feedback on ATACR 4-16x42

I love the baby Atacr. They are probably one of the toughest scopes out there, The capped windage is awesome for a hunting scope. Way more forgiving on eyebox and parallax then a NX8.

Glass is decent depending on what your comparing it to. It's not a Swaro X5, Z8 or ZCO. But it's perfectly adequate it just doesn't have the wow factor that some scopes do.

I really like the 50mm version but they are a little harder to find in FFP but IMO they are a little brighter at the edge of legal light vs the 42 mm version. They could both stand to be a few oz lighter and the rotating ocular isn't my favorite just for scope cap options. Those would be my only complaints.

4-16 ATACR >> NX8 IMO.

To put it briefly, in my experience, the 4-16x42 ATACR is good at about everything, but not great at anything in particular. I sold mine awhile back, but may pick up another for a backup rifle. The used market is where they really shine IMO.

I have 2 and like them a lot. The glass is good, they are not overly large and the turret have very solid clicks. They are not the lightest at 30 oz, but to me offer enough pluses to outweigh the weight.