Need advice on loading for an AR rifle

stovepipe

I bought an AR a while back and have been trying to develop an accurate load for it , I have used different powders, bullets , primers all without any consistent results, I got one group a little less than 1/2" @ 100 but never could repeat it, I have been using remington 223 once fired brass that I FL sized in regular rcbs 223 dies, so I'm wondering do I need .556 brass and dies or does that make a difference ? IDK.. the rifle shoots factory 556 62 grain pmc ammo into 1" or better consistently. I need advice. Thanks

Well I loaded 73 grain eld m, and at a certain powder charge it shot the 1/2" group , I then loaded the same load again and again and never could get that group again, I would have been perfectly satisfied with that load but no luck

Well I loaded 73 grain eld m, and at a certain powder charge it shot the 1/2" group , I then loaded the same load again and again and never could get that group again, I would have been perfectly satisfied with that load but no luck
Tried cleaning your barrel ? Maybe it's fouled ? How many rounds have you shot since cleaning ? I would clean my barrel & then try your 1/2" load again. If you remember how you got that load (seating depth, powder, etc). Can't see where it would hurt anything. Hopefully some more experienced guys will help you to figure it out.

I cleaned it a couple times during development but can't say for sure on round count when I got the good group , I'll clean her up and try it again. Thanks

I bought an AR a while back and have been trying to develop an accurate load for it , I have used different powders, bullets , primers all without any consistent results, I got one group a little less than 1/2" @ 100 but never could repeat it, I have been using remington 223 once fired brass that I FL sized in regular rcbs 223 dies, so I'm wondering do I need .556 brass and dies or does that make a difference ? IDK.. the rifle shoots factory 556 62 grain pmc ammo into 1" or better consistently. I need advice. Thanks
I REALLY BELIEVE YOU DO NOT NEED 556, SURPLUS, SPECIAL WINNER ANYTHING BRASS, DIES. Dont worry about your one group you cannot duplicate. Most if honest will admit they pull one out of their arse often. I would start with duplicating the PMC load that shoots well first then adjusting from there. So many, many things involved and its compounded with a gas gun like the AR. Lots of needed information would help a lot for those wanting to help you out. Your shooting ability. What gun, buffer spring, buffer, trigger pull weight, BCG, barrel length, twist rate, barrel contour, bullet weight, velocity wants, accuracy wants, etc. etc. etc. Lots of good information will be shared most just want to know the parameters and what you are working with.

I would try loading the PMC brass with Sierra 68 MK ,CCI 41 primers and probably H4895 powder. I have had fantastic results with CFE223, but it's kind of dirty.

If you get some LC brass from the same lot you will probably have better results than Remington brass. Just a thought.