Need a new bullet choice for .243 that i can actually get.

Looking for another bullet choice for my .243 Win. I built the rifle up last September, (origin action, 24" kreiger SS 1/8" twist, manners EH1A stock) and started loading some sierra TGK/gamechangers. Well come the first of the year I can't seem to locate the gamechangers anywhere. Now it's getting over half way through the year and im starting to panic.

So what would everyone suggest? I would like to try the ELD-X, but they can't seem to be found either. Im looking at staying in the 90-105gr weight range. Currently I'm pushing my TGK 3065 fps with a good load of H4350.

I've found berger 95 and 105gr VLD hunting, but I've never messed with berger bullets. I know some swear by them but I've always heard they're pretty particular about seating depth and with the shortage we're currently in, I'd rather not blow through a couple hundred dialing something in.
Consider Swift Scirocco II in 90 grain. They need a little jump and fit in the box.

Looking for another bullet choice for my .243 Win. I built the rifle up last September, (origin action, 24" kreiger SS 1/8" twist, manners EH1A stock) and started loading some sierra TGK/gamechangers. Well come the first of the year I can't seem to locate the gamechangers anywhere. Now it's getting over half way through the year and im starting to panic.

So what would everyone suggest? I would like to try the ELD-X, but they can't seem to be found either. Im looking at staying in the 90-105gr weight range. Currently I'm pushing my TGK 3065 fps with a good load of H4350.

I've found berger 95 and 105gr VLD hunting, but I've never messed with berger bullets. I know some swear by them but I've always heard they're pretty particular about seating depth and with the shortage we're currently in, I'd rather not blow through a couple hundred dialing something in.
In the old days when you found a bullet that worked well you bought 500 or 1000.....guess now we have to adapt until the supply is greater..

A lot of people mentioned the plain Jane Hornady 100 gr BTSP multiple times and for under $30/box and consistently available it should be your best bet. If you want to get fancy and want warp speed go with mr. butterbeans theory with hammers at 3800+ FPS. Both options are currently available and I believe that's what you wanted…. AVAILABILITY. Good luck!!

A lot of people mentioned the plain Jane Hornady 100 gr BTSP multiple times and for under $30/box and consistently available it should be your best bet. If you want to get fancy and want warp speed go with mr. butterbeans theory with hammers at 3800+ FPS. Both options are currently available and I believe that's what you wanted…. AVAILABILITY. Good luck!!
I'm considering grabbing a box of these and seeing what they can do. Like you and a ton of others have said, it's worked for years, if it's not broken it doesn't need fixing.

I'm considering grabbing a box of these and seeing what they can do. Like you and a ton of others have said, it's worked for years, if it's not broken it doesn't need fixing.
PM me your address and I can get a box out to you delivered for free. I have complete confidence in them and still use them today or I wouldn't had suggested it to you. I know you will love them!! Aloha!!

I've been using Sierra Matchking for years. I think your first choice is right on with the Game Changer. As for available ..."good luck finding them". I purchased 100 rounds just prior to all of this crap. Problem is I only have about 200 primers left. I'm OK on powder, but I haven't done any shooting in well over a year. I have 850 acres and my own shooting range up to 1000 yds.

Shooters Pro Shop has blem Nosler partitions 100gr in stock. And 70bgr varmageddon

I've been using Sierra Matchking for years. I think your first choice is right on with the Game Changer. As for available ..."good luck finding them". I purchased 100 rounds just prior to all of this crap. Problem is I only have about 200 primers left. I'm OK on powder, but I haven't done any shooting in well over a year. I have 850 acres and my own shooting range up to 1000 yds.
I sort of saw the writing on the wall and started picking more primers up the beginning of last fall. I never loaded pistol in bulk so I had less than 500 on hand, yet decided to pick up an XL750 and let me tell ya, that thing will run through more components than you think! Lol.

I always try to keep a few thousand for my rifles.

I really like hunting with the 243 for deer size animals. And started using the mono's for added speed and penetration in 243. I like the 80gr GMX and have been able to find it at multiple stores online. I'm running @ 3350fps

The hi-tech pointy 6mm 108 gr. Hornady ELDM is starting to appear. The 105 gr. Hornady HPBT match bullet has some availability. Powders like the 4350's & slower should give pleasing results with these bullets. Availability is the magic word.

I know it's a tad lighter than the weight range you mentioned but I've switched to Barnes Tsx or TTsx 85 grain and have had exceptional performance. They pedal perfectly and hold their weight plus group really well. I'm also using H4350 for powder...

Hornady 95 Grain SST's are worth a look in my opinion.

Last edited:
Don't know if you want any varmint stuff but I have 5-600 barnes 62 grain varmint grenades, shot really well in my 243 when i had it.