Necking down 450 marlin or 45-70

I guess what I don'get is that Browning lever actions have all these calibers and their actions are strong enough, but I like the Marljn feel and action? I suppose I'd just e best off with a Browning in 308. That seems to be the answer. Thanks for chiming in guys. The hole idea is on the maybe list so I coukd go Marlin Express and play around.

I guess what I don'get is that Browning lever actions have all these calibers and their actions are strong enough, but I like the Marljn feel and action? I suppose I'd just e best off with a Browning in 308. That seems to be the answer. Thanks for chiming in guys. The hole idea is on the maybe list so I coukd go Marlin Express and play around.

I can't actually just how strong the Browning design is, as they are kinda rare around here. But they have a different lockup with the bolt and of course don't use a tubular magazine.. In 30 caliber, I'd rather have a Savage 99. But also apples and oranges here.

If you happen to opt for a Marlin lever gun, buy an older Marlin built one. The new Remington built ones are not nearly as well made (workmanship).
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.