Neck turning: Trying to turn full neck but seeing cutting high on shoulder (280 AI)

Cutting case length I feel that most trimmer to shorten your case should be very accurate. I don't think need to go to a Gen 3 cutter system. the only reason I went that far in cost was I am planning to cut up the case after each firing to set the length the same each time. Cutting the neck to thickness is only a one time operation. The setting of the ID of the case neck I thing is very important or it should be very close. In checking my necks they varied some. So either using an expander mandrel is need or little smaller mandrel is used to accommodate the difference. I am going to have play with expanding mandrels to see if I can get ID that will work on all the case for that caliber. I have a very close friend in California that has a part in every free world jet aircraft flying. So I can get him to play with my problem and come up with mandrels I feel need to get it down right or pat.
I am not much different on starting from scratch. I never had the equipment I do now. The Long Range Hunters have added greatly to my knowledge, and reinforced what I know. I try and keep an open mind, and learn. It's a great day when I learn something new. The reason for trying to get my ES & ED down is because I want to extend my range out to 700+ yard for P-dog.

i dont cut into the shoulder at all and like to stay away a little , because i want as big of a transition as i can get bewteen shoulder thickness to neck thiness .. IMO the more abrupt the change in thickness the more likely to crack.. the bushing dies i use, dont size to the corner of the neck , look at redding bushing to see how much radius/ transition youll have to the shoulder corner. i try to stop in that zone

ill add some pictures for this thread later today

In cutting the neck to thickness, doesn't mean cut the shoulder at the neck, but to stop at that point. I have a few older styles of neck cutters.
Some were hand held and others on a bolt down system. Still you have to determine where you stop your cut at. So in setting up to cut your necks for thickness should require having all your cases cut to the same COAL. That going to be used to cut thickness of the necks. For me this is the first time to use automation or electric powder tools to set and use to work the cases over. The set up will take some time for me. I am changing my stile of reloading from using RCBS standard dies to FL Bushing dies, mandrels to expand necks to set neck tension. So you can stop your cut where ever you want, but I feel being right on is very important. So stopping short or long doesn't work for me. Accuracies, Accuracies is what I am working toward. To me, Close only works in Horse Shoes, and Hand Grenades, and believe me I pitch a lots of grenades in Vietnam. Still I was able to achieve 5 shot groups at 1/2" or under @ 100yds in most of my rifles. I am going to try get my groups tighter. Working on one hole groups. Getting there is something else, but it doesn't hurt to try. Rome wasn't built in a day.