Neck turned brass question

bruton

I have a bunch of neck turned brass for my 6mmAI that has not been fired ,can I fire them in a standard 6mm rem chamber or will it split the brass? Or will it cause other problems , having a hard time finding 6 mm brass thanks in advance, Jeff

I have a bunch of neck turned brass for my 6mmAI that has not been fired ,can I fire them in a standard 6mm rem chamber or will it split the brass? Or will it cause other problems , having a hard time finding 6 mm brass thanks in advance, Jeff

You will either split the necks or enlarge them so that they will harden quickly when resized to hold a bullet again, then split. MidwayUSA has Remington brass for sale in 6mmRem now and they show lots of 100 pieces available, if I were you I would buy new brass and keep the necked turned stuff for your custom AI rifle.

You have neck turned 6mm brass that you set aside fore your 6mmAI, but it has not been fire formed yet? So it is still 6mm brass?

If it's been fire formed in an AI chamber I don't see how you could get it to chamber in a standard chamber without a lot of trouble.

Or am I missing something here?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.