Neck tension/seating force

khmplus

Hi, just out of curiosity, once a bullet is seated with proper neck tension, how much force (pounds) is required to seat the bullet slightly further into the case? Thanks!

Far too many variables in regards to neck tension to answer your question specifically. Do you have .002 or .005, is it virgin brass with clean necks, or did you dip in graphite? Do you have powder build up still in the neck and others.

I would say that based on seating force of 40-60 pounds, it would probably take that or more with some cold weld to push a bullet in without a press.

Hope this slightly answers your question.
Steve

Far too many variables in regards to neck tension to answer your question specifically. Do you have .002 or .005, is it virgin brass with clean necks, or did you dip in graphite? Do you have powder build up still in the neck and others.

I would say that based on seating force of 40-60 pounds, it would probably take that or more with some cold weld to push a bullet in without a press.

Hope this slightly answers your question.
Steve
Yes, that's helpful. I was looking for a ballpark figure. I didn't think of all those variables, good information!