Near MFG

Nvhunter

Any of you guys using the NEAR MFG 20 MOA Scope Base? There are few options for my Sako 75 7STW. I think I will be giving this a try.

I have his base and rings on my custom Sako 75, here is a pic:

riflepics005-1.jpg

Probably the best machining you will see on bases and rings - very high quality!!!! You won't be disappointed.

Just talked to Richard yesterday - got a base and set of rings coming for my custom Rem 700.

I have his base and rings on my custom Sako 75, here is a pic:

riflepics005-1.jpg

Probably the best machining you will see on bases and rings - very high quality!!!! You won't be disappointed.

Just talked to Richard yesterday - got a base and set of rings coming for my custom Rem 700.

+1

I have two sets and have never seen better and he's a good guy to deal with.

J E CUSTOM

Ok, looks good. He only has stainless in stock...but I can paint it black after I fit the base. I will be placing the order tonight. I hope the order arrives quickly.

I will be mounting a Leupold VX-III 4.5X14 50mm Long range with 30mm tube on this setup. Later I will upgrade to a Leo VX-3 50mm.

I looked into the Optilock and Leupold bases. I am sure those are great products. But, I think this one will provide better downrange adjust-ability with the -20MOA slant and I like the concept of a 1 piece where I can have full placement of the scope rings.

What rings did you guys choose?

Thanks for the feedback. And thanks for the pics. You have a nice piece there.

Ordered a Picatinny Base 10 MOA for a Winchester Pre 64 Model 70 from Near MFG last Friday and received it today via air mail. Using Glen Seekins rings which I have so I'm all set.

Ok, looks good. He only has stainless in stock...but I can paint it black after I fit the base. I will be placing the order tonight. I hope the order arrives quickly.

I will be mounting a Leupold VX-III 4.5X14 50mm Long range with 30mm tube on this setup. Later I will upgrade to a Leo VX-3 50mm.

I looked into the Optilock and Leupold bases. I am sure those are great products. But, I think this one will provide better downrange adjust-ability with the -20MOA slant and I like the concept of a 1 piece where I can have full placement of the scope rings.

What rings did you guys choose?

Thanks for the feedback. And thanks for the pics. You have a nice piece there.

I chose the Near rings to match the bases because they can be removed and replaced
without lousing the zero. (Some times if you mix and match the fit may not be as good
and mounting may not always be the same).

J E CUSTOM

I decided to do the same with the rings. I asked Richards' advice on which rings. He stated his rings work best on his rail. He looked around and found one black 20 moa remaining, so, all is in order.

I am looking forward to working with the capability of the 7mm STW. I know it is not a popular cartridge. But, I have worked with 30 cal. stuff all my life. This surely will add a new facet to hunting out here in the west.

Any pointers or issues to watch for when setting up this scope system and sighting in? I have read about a high cheek weld due to the MOA on the base.

Setup will be Sako 75 7mm STW, Near MFG 20 MOA, Leo 4.5X14X40LR. I'll be ordering a set of Kenton Industires Turrets also. I've always used Kentucky windage. This Turret adjusting will take some learning.

Hunting conditions will be 8-11K feet elevation. Varying from rough caynon country to a HIGH plateau with massive stands of Aspen and Mohogany.

Can' t wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.