Near Mfg Base For Sako 75

Centre Punch

Hi,
I remember reading a post regarding near mfg base for sako 75, i have done a search but came up blank.
I went to near's site but it only mentions bases for Sako TRG's
Does anybody have a photo of a Near Mfg base on a Sako 75
Many thanks.

Ian.

I dont have a photo but BJ Bailey has one one his Sako action 300rum and it is nice. Great work and very high quality, a lot better than the standard Sako mounting system. Unless NEAR already has some made you may have a hard time getting him to make you one though

good luck
steve

All of these have Near bases on them but the first rifle is a Sako 75. It's not a close up, but it's all I have. I've been very happy w/this one!!

Picture001.jpg

I don,t have a picture but I do have two near bases for sako 75 and they work great they fit in the dovetail you just slide them forward and the last bit you tap them I put locktite on them frist . They do come with set screw and screws to have tap in but I just have locktite and no problem I have them on a 300 um very nice fit and they look the same as you see on his site.I can e-mail you a picture if you want but I have no idea how to post it here. hope this can help

Thanks for the info guys, especially the pic Bill,
I have been offered a Sako 75 Varmint stainless with a re-barrel in 22-250AI, the base is an important factor in my decision to buy this Rifle.

Ian.

Ian and Matt,
Many of the rifles in the Near website happen to be mine - I shot much of the photography for that site. Got to do some more, way overdo on some new graphics. Long blond hair does the trick!!!
ian

I emailed Near Manuf. about my Sako 75 .300 Wby (Action length V) and was told he does make a base for it. However, the only base he makes for this action length has 25 MOA taper. I'm not a 1000 yard shooter, 500 yds or thereabouts is about as far as I go and 90% of my shooting is less than 250 yards. So, would 25 MOA taper be way too much for my application?

No 25moa is fine it just gives long range shooters more elev adjustment. By the way is your model 75 the same as L61 tapered dovetail built in action

Hi; I know you already found out that Near does make this for the Sako 75. I bought one from him for my Sako 75 and wouldn't have it any other way. He didn't have any rings in stock at the time and he recommended Badger. I bought the 10 MOA rail and feel that it has more than enough built in elevation using the Nikon Tactical Scope. This is the first rifle I set up using the Tactical system and compared to all my other mounting systems....they all look like toys from a cereal box.

Ian, i got a call back from the folks at Near this morning, sounded like good folks to deal with and i am about to order some rails, do you want me to get you one aswell?
they have a rail for the sako 75 3 and 5 action.
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.