Near....Far

Big Sky

SPONSOR
(Near)The turkey was only 30 yards and met some #4's out of my shotgun. (Far)The coyote later in the morning, as I was headed out, met my 30.06. He was a little trickier. Hitting a coyote on the run, at just over 300 yards, on the first shot, is a pretty fair trick. I have no idea how many turkeys I've killed, but it's a bunch. I haven't eaten a turkey tag in over 10 years and most years I kill two (sometimes a 3 or more if I hunt out of state.) Of those turkeys I've killed Merriams, Easterns, and one Rio. I got to say that I have to agree with Ian McMurchy on some comments he made under another thread in regards to turkey hunting. They just aren't that tough to get compared to other critters. Trust me, busting that coyote was waaaaaay more challenging, than this love-sick tom. Turkey hunting is fun to some degree, but once the ticks and snakes are out, I lose interest pretty fast. To each their own.
TurkeyCoyoteTroy2006Smaller_original.jpg

Well done, that is a great photo also. Your kids are turning into fantastic photographers!!! You set that up beautifully. Look at the size of the bird - then the size of head - can they really be that smart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(all you died-in-the-wool turkey hunters take that with a grain of salt - eh!)
We ever gonna pull the trigger? I am so far behind I think I'm first - got a lot of shooting to do right shortly...

Holy mackerel Andy !!

I have got to get me one of them ! 300 yd shotguns that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just joshing , thanks for the great photo , but you left your poor rifle begging /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW , are you really gonna let Len shoot anything when he comes out ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim B.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.