• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Natchez BR2 Large Rifle Primers

Thanks for all of the info you post. Sad some people are too cheap to appreciate what you do. And they're probably the same ones complaining about how inflation has helped their 401k...

Well its human nature. We want the 401k to inflate but not our ammo, gas, or food.

its like the cartoon from the 1860s.....Dont tax you, dont tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree.....

Prices should be dictated by supply and demand. I can think of no better method of allocation for this type of product. A 1000 primers for $200 works out to $0.20 per round. I'd rather them be available for $0.20 than unavailable for $0.10. Don't get me wrong, I would rather pay $0.10, but $0.20 isn't going to stop me from spending $20 to load 100 rounds. The boom and bust of the components market is what makes it hard for manufacturers to justify production capacity. I passed on several opportunities to stock up on components because I figured I wouldn't need them in the next 12-18months and I would just be preventing others from enjoying the hobby. I think adjusting the price is the best way to allocate the existing capacity and keep everyone honest.

Prices should be dictated by supply and demand. I can think of no better method of allocation for this type of product. A 1000 primers for $200 works out to $0.20 per round. I'd rather them be available for $0.20 than unavailable for $0.10. Don't get me wrong, I would rather pay $0.10, but $0.20 isn't going to stop me from spending $20 to load 100 rounds. The boom and bust of the components market is what makes it hard for manufacturers to justify production capacity. I passed on several opportunities to stock up on components because I figured I wouldn't need them in the next 12-18months and I would just be preventing others from enjoying the hobby. I think adjusting the price is the best way to allocate the existing capacity and keep everyone honest.
Yup.. and that thinking is why 59 brick is 149.99.. cus millions with that tjinking will pay it. Smart business I guess.. feed the need..

Kasey

Economics 101 is based on human nature.

Price regulates supply and demand in rationing scarce commodities.

Thats the science of human nature.
pschcology, fear, greed, pursuit of happiness all weighed against cost,
with movement up and down the supply and demand curves and where they intersect to determine price determined by the relative utility of all those emotions, at any snapshot point in time.

And it all comes and goes in cycles over time affected by the amount of product manufactured and transported to stores against the shift in human emotions, or demand.

There are no constants, and its all cyclical. Boom and Bust.

It will all change again.

Knowing when and how is the key.
I have some ideas but no crystal ball.

Anybody got one?

Yep - lots of signs pointing to things starting to lighten up

1.). My local Academy has gone back to a full aisle of ammo. Albeit not a full selection or great prices, but there
2.). Lots of components hitting all the online and LGS' over the last month. Lasting hours instead of minutes and days instead of hours.
3.). People dumping their stuff on the classified, admitted they paid too much, and just trying to break even knowing they are about to take a loss...and getting mad when they are called out.

Last edited:
Yup.. and that thinking is why 59 brick is 149.99.. cus millions with that tjinking will pay it. Smart business I guess.. feed the need..

Kasey
In my opinion, we dont dictate the price in a free market. This is exactly what creates a shortage and leads to rationing. Rationing components is not based on basic human needs. Rationing is based on how many times you are willing to check your phone each day. Is production down? Are people shooting more? Perhaps. My guess is people are buying more ammunition and components because of an expected shortage. Manufacturers make more money selling ammo and will allocate components to ammo first. Our hobby gets whatever production capacity that is left over. Paying more for components allows manufacturers to allocate more components to handloaders and creates an incentive for more base production capacity. I am not against people stockpiling ammo and components, however I don't think anyone has a constitutional right to do it at a cost based on what they paid 10 years ago. Letting folks corner the market and resell components for a profit removes the incentive for manufacturers to increase their supply. Stockpiling creates swings in demand and increases the risk to manufacturers of adding supply. To be clear, "People like me" is someone who purchased what they reasonably needed and left H1000 @ $45 per lb and magnum primers @$100 per brick on the shelf for the next person that enjoys this hobby. However, you are correct that I had the means to clear the shelf and still buy a steak dinner on the way home.

I ordered a brick, however I already have a couple hundred and dont need a full brick of BR. If anyone in the Boise, Idaho area is interested I would be happy to split the brick when it arrives. Landed cost is about $190.

The good old days. Can anyone beat $13.90 a lb

Attachments

• 20220213_123033.jpg
    20220213_123033.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 24
The good old days. Can anyone beat $13.90 a lb
Employe
In my opinion, we dont dictate the price in a free market. This is exactly what creates a shortage and leads to rationing. Rationing components is not based on basic human needs. Rationing is based on how many times you are willing to check your phone each day. Is production down? Are people shooting more? Perhaps. My guess is people are buying more ammunition and components because of an expected shortage. Manufacturers make more money selling ammo and will allocate components to ammo first. Our hobby gets whatever production capacity that is left over. Paying more for components allows manufacturers to allocate more components to handloaders and creates an incentive for more base production capacity. I am not against people stockpiling ammo and components, however I don't think anyone has a constitutional right to do it at a cost based on what they paid 10 years ago. Letting folks corner the market and resell components for a profit removes the incentive for manufacturers to increase their supply. Stockpiling creates swings in demand and increases the risk to manufacturers of adding supply. To be clear, "People like me" is someone who purchased what they reasonably needed and left H1000 @ $45 per lb and magnum primers @$100 per brick on the shelf for the next person that enjoys this hobby. However, you are correct that I had the means to clear the shelf and still buy a steak dinner on the way home.

I'm done talking about this..its my opinion, but to say we as customers dont drive prices is ridiculous to say... cus it happens everyday.

Kasey