My WY ELK

jarheadhunter

Well after 11 years of putting in I cashed out my PP and went elk hunting back in my home state. Had a blast on the archery hunt, but just couldn't get that extra inch I needed. Went back on the rifle hunt and on basically my last day to hunt I saw a few cows up in a group of pines. Not knowing if they had a bull I decided to make the trip to the top of the mountain and take a look. I found a cliff that climbed up next to the ridge they were on and worked my way around them to get on it. When I came around a boulder up on the cliff the first elk I saw was this guy. Seeing that I was leaving the next day and hadn't been seeing a lot I decide to take him. 85-90 yd shot and he was done.

Attachments

• wyelk.jpg
    wyelk.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 200
  • wyelk2.jpg
    wyelk2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 202
Nice job! Can't complain about that one at all for a "last day" elk.
Yeah I am stoked still a great bull. Really just disappointing not sealing the deal on one of the giants I was chasing on the archery hunt. I guess that's hunting though.

Nice bull, congratulations. Thank you for sharing. I would have been happy with him first, last or any day in between with him. Very nice. Have a great day

Congratulations on a real nice bull! Sorry that the "sticks and strings" didn't work out for you. But.....you did shoot him at Long Range Archery distances! :D memtb

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts