My SAvage 10 FP LE2B Verticle stringing

coupalr

When I take my Savage 10 FP in 308 out the first 3 shots when the barrel is cold will form a verticle group of 1.5". Then once the barrel is warm it will shoot nice groups around 1/2" to 3/4". Does anyone have any suggestion for me? I live in Saskatchewan so the barrel is cold very often.

6mm, Does this happen even with a fouled barrel? or just a cold clean barrel?

If it's with a cold clean barrel, you prabably need a little fouling in the bore to get the rifle to "settle in" If thats the case just take the gun and foul the barrel before hunting or target shooting.

If it happens with the 1st 3 cold shots, whether the barrel is clean or dirty, than I would look towards barrel contact on the stock, or action screws slightly under tourqed.

If thats not it I suggest you wrap the barrel with heat tape. That way you will have a portable hand warmer. at least as portable as the length of your extension cord. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sorry I couldn't help it.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.