My new semi-custom rem 25-06

remingtonman_25_06

I just picked up my new 25-06 Rem. Its a rem 700 action, 24" shilen bbl, seems to be heavier then a sporter contour, and I'm not sure what stock it has, it is synthetic, but I like it and it seems to fit me perfectly. Trigger needs to be reworked down to around 2lbs so I"ll be doing that before I put any rounds through it. It came with Leupold 1 pc base and rings, and also an older Vari x2, 4-12 AO scope. I picked it up for what I thought was a steal of a deal at $650. I hope it shoots as good or better then my old 25-06 which was a winny model 70 sporter that I traded off a few months ago. I needed another 25-06 and couldn't pass this one up. I have a few of my 75g vmax w/IMR-4831 that shot great in my Winny, so will go ahead and shoot a few of them to see how they shoot out of this Rem, then its time to go slay some yotes!!! Well here it is.

mtqp1v.jpg

That's a nice lookin' rifle. I really like the stock. No idea who made it? Mike

I have no idea who the stock is made by. I took the action out of the stock and I dont see anything resembling a name anywhere on it??? I really like the stock as well. It kinda reminds me of a weatherby stock with how tall the monte carlo or whatever you wanna call it is. When I shoulder it, I dont have to move my head one bit, it puts me right there!! Maybe thinking I need a few more of these style stocks for my other rifles.

BTW- Anyone know how to tell how old the rifle is?? The serial number on the action is 13373. I would think its pretty old as my other remingtons are about 7 digits long with a letter in front of the numbers. Can you call Remington and give them the number to see when it was made??

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.