My New Remarms ADL 7mm RM.

I shot this group today off my backpack. Slow at 2780 fps but it shows promise. I forgot to add the stock still isn't properly torqued down. Once I get the proper allen wrench bit for my torque wrench I'll get that squared away.
20231008_181245.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that.

Fiddled with a few more of the remington 700s this last week, haven't done anything with my 223 yet but now have handled a half dozen and shot two of them. For what they cost relative to its current competitors, its the best thing going per $$$.

Nothing wrong with that.

Fiddled with a few more of the remington 700s this last week, haven't done anything with my 223 yet but now have handled a half dozen and shot two of them. For what they cost relative to its current competitors, its the best thing going per $$$.
That's what I thought when reading about the new Remarms. I have only 20 rounds down the tube so this is just the beginning of load development.

That's what I thought when reading about the new Remarms. I have only 20 rounds down the tube so this is just the beginning of load development.
I hope the rifle turns out satisfactorily for you as I also just acquired a new sps stainless. I did that after my friend's new REM long range in a 7 prc shot so well—3 shots with all touching 175 gr. Factory ELDX, I was impressed. I'm so heavily invested in the 7mm REM mag , with powders, bullets, dies etc. I decided to stay with that caliber. Here is my question and I vaguely remember that the 7mag holds more grains of water than the 7PRC. Please correct me if I am wrong.

My IMR4350 emitted a strange orange dust when I poured it into the powder dispenser so I decided not to use it. It smelled okay but I don't recall any powder having so much dust. I used the last of my RL22 as this will be just for sighting in and breaking in the barrel. If I can't get my hands on some H1000, H4831sc or another good magnum powder I'll use my last pound of RL26.
That RL-26 is magical in the 7mm with the 180 eldms, But good luck finding more. I'm running in a 8.44 twist proof prefit @ 3021 .005 off lands seems like the sweet spot with mine. (Dont have my OAL and CBTO with me but could pm them later this afternoon if your interested) Watch it though my velocity is 200 fps faster then what hornady book says it should be for charge, but still below Hornady max charge and no pressure in Winchester brass. Good luck with the new gun

Last edited:
I hope the rifle turns out satisfactorily for you as I also just acquired a new sps stainless. I did that after my friend's new REM long range in a 7 prc shot so well—3 shots with all touching 175 gr. Factory ELDX, I was impressed. I'm so heavily invested in the 7mm REM mag , with powders, bullets, dies etc. I decided to stay with that caliber. Here is my question and I vaguely remember that the 7mag holds more grains of water than the 7PRC. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I "think" that the 7mm RM holds more powder but the PRC has higher operating pressures. I chose the 7mm RM ADL because 7 PRC brass wasn't readily available. I hand load so the belt is of no consequence to me and I'm not going to be chasing velocities as I'll pick higher BC bullets. But if a load with a 180 Berger proves to show the best accuracy with high velocities I won't turn it away lol.

Yep you are correct Rem Mag holds 81.4 grns and PRC holds 75.4 grns.

Looking forward to a range report. I like that they went with a 1/8 twist. Also give an update when you can on the cbto and oal once you have time to check a couple different bullets.
Using my Stoney Point Length gauge I'm touching the lands with the 180 ELDM at 3.582" COAL.
I seated 0.25" off the since I read many had good results seating the 180 ELDM 0.020-0.030" off the lands. My first ten loads was wasted on getting sighted in as the range was crowded and I didn't want to fight the crowds with setting up too many targets. The next ten were around an inch until I shot the 0.61" load. But I shot using a backpack as a front rest and no rear bag. The pack kept changing height as it wasn't filled.

Is the stock a detachable mag and do cartridges feed from it ok? Or are you single feeding? Wonder if the feed rails on the adl would need opened a little, unless the mag is a center feed?

Is the stock a detachable mag and do cartridges feed from it ok? Or are you single feeding? Wonder if the feed rails on the adl would need opened a little, unless the mag is a center feed?
The stock uses AICS style mags. I have a center feed MDT 5 round mag and it feeds fine. But yes I was single feeding for the accuracy tests. It's just easier for me to rule out accuracy issues if I single feed during load development.

Update: the rifle is an ADL that was placed into a KRG Bravo chassis. So it oringinally feeds from a traditional mag. I wasn't going to waste reloading components testing the factory tupperware stock when I had the KRG in hand.

Last edited: