My new pig gun is coming together.

I built my rifle back when the round was known as the 300 Whisper. It is on an AR platform and with my 220 gr. Outlaw State bullets (always handloaded), the action is louder than the shot itself. I use an adjustable block so that I can shoot both super and sub and still cycle reliably. It was only after a year or so of use that I realized the best use for me was the sub loads, so mine became a dedicated sub rifle. If you reload, there are a few great bullet makers catering to the sub market. If you don't reload, then I would encourage you to find someone that will help you reload. If not, sub ammo with correct bullets can be very expensive.

I built my rifle back when the round was known as the 300 Whisper. It is on an AR platform and with my 220 gr. Outlaw State bullets (always handloaded), the action is louder than the shot itself. I use an adjustable block so that I can shoot both super and sub and still cycle reliably. It was only after a year or so of use that I realized the best use for me was the sub loads, so mine became a dedicated sub rifle. If you reload, there are a few great bullet makers catering to the sub market. If you don't reload, then I would encourage you to find someone that will help you reload. If not, sub ammo with correct bullets can be very expensive.
I reload for several calibers but time is always on short supply.

In the same vein as 300blk (I have an 8"), I just built a pig gun in 300 hammer. Bill Wilson designed it specifically for that purpose. No subs but a good deal faster than 300blk, 2-300 fps depending on the round. Something to think about, especially if you handload.

In the same vein as 300blk (I have an 8"), I just built a pig gun in 300 hammer. Bill Wilson designed it specifically for that purpose. No subs but a good deal faster than 300blk, 2-300 fps depending on the round. Something to think about, especially if you handload.
I thought about running a short barrel but I can't seem to get the nfa to clear my two suppressors that are in jail and didn't want another thing on hold. Maybe after the two cans clear I can build a different upper for my night vision scope 🤔

The commie version of the 300 blackout
image.jpg
did you notice 310 not 308
image.jpg

I know the subs are fun, but they kinda suck compared to supers. I haven't been impressed with noise difference from AR's, but subs with a bolt gun is a different story. With 110 vmax supers, it will be a whole different gun, and I think you will like it.

My 10.5" .300 BO AR15 was nearly Hollywood quiet with my 200 grain hand loaded subs. I never shot anything other than paper or rocks/steel so I can't say how it would perform on game.