My new pig gun is coming together.

crazymonkey

Decided I needed something a little lighter than my ar10 in 308 and a little heavier than my ar15 in 223 so I decided on a 16 inch 300 blk . It was made super easy for me after a trip to see my dad . He gave me most all the parts .I just needed a lower parts kit no trigger and a barrel.

Attachments

• 20240323_160039.jpg
    20240323_160039.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 127
Nice setup
What barrel are you running and what bullet do you plan to use?
It's a ballistic advantage 1:7 . I'm planning on subs . I need to pull the handguard and barrel back off and square the upper then I can add my adjustable gas block and get it setup . Aaron's place in Texas has stands set at no more than 40 yds so I'll get it dialed for that .

I've been looking at the fancy sub bullets. They can get pricey.
Yep that's for sure but by using it as a dedicated pig gun / javalina it shouldn't be to bad . Probably a few 3-4 boxes for hogs a year so about what I'd spend to load and dial my other hunting rifles for the season. I just need to keep it away from my wife she likes to dump mags of ammo on occasion. I caught her with a few of my 77gr 223 hunting mags . That was fun to explain the difference in cost compared to the 55gr paper punchers I load for her to burn through.

I just need to keep it away from my wife she likes to dump mags of ammo on occasion.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Seems like a good problem to have.

I won't do a mag dump with my suppressor as it's not fully auto rated.

Yeah, it's like any premium hunting load I suppose. You get what you pay for…more often than not. I'm trying to figure out when I'd use mine suppressed with subs. I'm thinking deer in the rut during rifle season…so I can close the distance a bit easier.

I know the subs are fun, but they kinda suck compared to supers. I haven't been impressed with noise difference from AR's, but subs with a bolt gun is a different story. With 110 vmax supers, it will be a whole different gun, and I think you will like it.

I know the subs are fun, but they kinda suck compared to supers. I haven't been impressed with noise difference from AR's, but subs with a bolt gun is a different story. With 110 vmax supers, it will be a whole different gun, and I think you will like it.
I don't disagree. For me, it's more of…because you can…if that makes sense.

A while back I built a 300BO AR with a fast twist barrel that is suppressed. Using 220 grain bullets I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it is. UnSuppressed, it would only cycle
If I used AA powder. A lot of bullet drop if you shoot out to 200 yards but in timber it gets the job done. With 110 grain it is louder due to the supersonic crack but groups surprisingly well out a ways.
I'm sure others have done the same but this was my first trip down the subsonic rabbit hole except for .22. Fun to shoot.

I don't disagree. For me, it's more of…because you can…if that makes sense.
Oh, believe me, I could, and did several blackouts for that reason. Then I was disappointed until the supers. It is an ideal rifle for a kid to learn to hunt with as well, if you have that problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 30