My new baby

Iclimb

Picked this up today should be fun. Maybe someone can help me out. Looks like a sendero sfII but it's not stamped, Sendero, anywhere. It hasn't had a box through it...
Triggers been worked over and is perfect for me so that should save. Not sure how to tell but I'm hoping it's been blueprinted too. Next up tally one piece bases and crossing my fingers for a nightforce for christmas:D may go with a huskemah , any opinions, I love Vortex, but you really get rid of any "TRACKING" doubt with the NF.

ddb3c07ddca355743b6fcca14c391e59_zps5f6d81aa.jpg

2ef21a1a5ef6a7dc0e96cd534a2f63a4_zps1ae9d90e.jpg

d7f493e58d5c1cf760a8c5901d38a5de_zpse4c01631.jpg

0771ed9d277743d0a8f0248ca8e1f408_zps34c3d1c9.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rifle...take it to a smith. I am sure they will know if it's been trued.

You screwed up it looks like an original sf sendero in what looks like an stw. These are horrible guns and you want to sell it quick pm me and ill get you money on the way asap. Ok I guess ill be serious it does look like a gen 1 sf sendero. I actually hunt with pretty much the same exact rifle just topped with a 5.5-22x56nxs. Load it up with some h1000 and some 162gr. Amaxes and learn to love life. I would shoot it first before you bring it to a smith and see what it will do. The only thing I've done with mine is put a brake on it and a trigger job and it shot great. Its kinda opened up after 6-700 rounds but still squeaks out 5/8-3/4 for the norm. It used to be a consistant 3/8 moa gun

Load 160 Nosler Accubonds...They aren't as fragile as the A-Maxs are, and are a bonded bullet.

It is an original Sendero SF. I have this exact same rifle sitting in my safe right now. I have had it since new (11, almost 12 years). It is THE most accurate 100% factory Remington rifle I've ever owned. With Federal Premium 160 Accubond factory loads it would put 3 into tight cloverleafs. With handloads I've had it shooting 1 ragged hole groups. I might go to the range tomorrow for some load development, if I do I'll take the STW and a few others. Wish I had put my barrel on my rifle last week, so I could go break it in, then load develop my Berger 180 Hybrid load.

If you decide to snatch that barrel off for any reason, let me know, I'd like to have it.

Nice find, it does look like the original Sendero. Does the stock have the palm swell or just a smooth neck? If it's the former it's one of the SF I's.

The one thing I'd do before getting too excited is bed it and make sure it's fully floated.

I agree with Mud man, stick with the Accubonds, Interbods, or Interlocks, and you should have a great shooting extremely dependable and predicable rifle on game.

All three of my STW's eat the 160gr Accubonds and Interbonds regularly and love them.

I also really like the Swift Sirocco but I can't talk them into making anything heavier than the 150's.

Yeah I'm thinking some 180 bergers will do the trick maybe 168's will be the go to...

Any ideas what twist these rifle's are?

I believe depending on the year of manufacture, some are 9", 9.25", or 9.5"...

I believe mine is a 9.25" twist. It shoots the 168's and 180's great.

Well it was a late night; tore everything down and cleaned the dust and old oil off. Was completely floated no need for work there. And I did bed the recoil lug and front of action. I also bedded the tang.

The fore-grip has a swell but the back grip I would call it more of a straight neck, it doesn't seem to have too much Palm swell, but it is bulkier than what might be considered normal.

Also in might have a line on bulk new Remington STW brass anybody interested in going in with me. Quantity determines price.

Nice pipe; a standard sendero sf ( gen 1 not 2) is a hell of a rifle. I had one in stw and am still kicking myself that I traded her. I've always had better luck with 140's in my stw than the heavier pills, but when you have as easy of a time getting a load as I did with my prior rifle you get spoiled and don't bother working with a fussy combo, hence I never did play with heavies too much.

Well it was a late night; tore everything down and cleaned the dust and old oil off. Was completely floated no need for work there. And I did bed the recoil lug and front of action. I also bedded the tang.

The fore-grip has a swell but the back grip I would call it more of a straight neck, it doesn't seem to have too much Palm swell, but it is bulkier than what might be considered normal.

Also in might have a line on bulk new Remington STW brass anybody interested in going in with me. Quantity determines price.
Yep, that sounds like the original Sendero 7mm STW.

Grab yourself a couple of boxes of the Nosler factory ammo with the 160gr Accubond and give that a ride. It should shoot at or slightly under MOA for you. It's probably not going to have the twist to handle the 180-190's well but the 150-165 class bullets should shoot very well out of it.

A benefit of buying the Nosler or Double Tap Ammo is of course the great brass!

Accubond, Interbond, and Sweift Sirocco's should shoot very well for you in it and they are all devastating when they connect with game with consistent controlled expansion, no blow ups and not clean pass through "ice pick holes".

Well, actually, the original (Gen 1) Senderos were a blued finish, with a heavy varmint contour non-fluted blued barrel, with a jeweled bolt, and in an HS Precision stock.

Like this:

001yup.jpg

Then came the Gen II, A.K.A. - Sendero SF (Stainless Fluted, which uses the same stock as the Gen I Sendero, but utilizes the stainless reciever, and stainless fluted barrel). These are my absolute favorite Generation, because it is what my first Sendero is/was.

Sendero.jpg

Then we have the Gen III (Current generation), the Sendero SFII (which has the distinctive black flutes, and the HS Stock with the heavy palmswell).

25022-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Disclaimer - All images were borrowed from Google...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.