My first moose was a nice one.

WMTex

After wanting to hunt for moose for decades I finally headed to Newfoundland Canada. I tagged this nice 18 point bull at 411 yards. We tracked this guy all one day and early the next morning got a look at him at the bottom of a hill across a bog. One shot through both lungs and he was down and out. What a great experience!

Attachments

• 2022 moose.jpg
    2022 moose.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 382
After wanting to hunt for moose for decades I finally headed to Newfoundland Canada. I tagged this nice 18 point bull at 411 yards. We tracked this guy all one day and early the next morning got a look at him at the bottom of a hill across a bog. One shot through both lungs and he was down and out. What a great experience!

Awesome.

A few live the dream, and then the rest..... me included.

Don't think I've ever seen a moose described by number of points like that haha. What's the width on the rack? It's a great looking moose for down south where they've typically got smaller antlers!

Congrats!
I have hunted Newfoundland and you harvested a really nice BIG BULL for that species of Moose.

Congrats!
I have hunted Newfoundland and you harvested a really nice BIG BULL for that species of Moose.
Thanks. I was really happy with that bull. It is a challenge to get to Newfoundland from Dallas but well worth it. The terrain is challenging; bogs with tamarack roots under the water to trip you up, hills between bogs and forest with water under the trees. Still a fantastic place!