my first 40 rounds of handloads...

Shooter98

Well after getting my Lee reloader set I got a batch of 25-06 rounds loaded up. I loaded up 25 rounds with Nosler 100 gr spitzers then 25 rounds of Hornady Vmax 75 gr.

I am extremely excited as these rounds had awesome accuracy especially the Vmax'. I had holes touching @100 yards and held less than 1/2" @ 200 yards.

It's going to be fun to try working these loads up and down.

This is what I was shooting....
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/my-first-semi-custom-build-68456/

Congrats man. Gun looks great and definitely sounds like it shoots too. I admire your work that you put into it. I can't imagine how terribly I would screw up a gun if I tried to do what you did. Do you do lots of woodwork? I would think that you would have to have some skill at woodworking to do what you did.

Congrats man. Gun looks great and definitely sounds like it shoots too. I admire your work that you put into it. I can't imagine how terribly I would screw up a gun if I tried to do what you did. Do you do lots of woodwork? I would think that you would have to have some skill at woodworking to do what you did.

I appreciate all the kind words. I do some wood work on the house projects here and there but that's about it. I just took my time and did what I felt would hold up to some abuse.

No joke about the muley, great buck!

I appreciate all the kind words. I do some wood work on the house projects here and there but that's about it. I just took my time and did what I felt would hold up to some abuse.

No joke about the muley, great buck!

Awesome man! Was that a first attempt?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.