Shot my first rounds I reloaded

Toptuna

Ive alway bought ammo over the counter. Well after purchasing a SPR with all the good fixins I decided to see what kind of groups I could get out of my 243 LH remington. My dad bought it for me when I was 12 years old at a pawn shop in Grand Junction colorado when he was having some life size gorillas cast at a foundry a few miles away.

My dad helped me get it sighted in a few inches high at 100 and just shot it a few times a year at the range really quick and at deer. Well I loaded up some rounds with 105 grain berger bullets and went to a friends property out here in San diego. It was a windy day and I had 5 different seating depths to see which would shoot the best. Most of them were over an 1" at 100 yards. The only one that did good was 3 out of 4 rounds were just a butt hair over 1/2" group at 100 yard and the other round was off a bit. Pretty cool to have an old gun shoot like that. This gun liked the 105 vld just touching the rifling. Ive never tried shooting groups before and was happy how it worked out with the crappy 3-9 scope on it. Just thought Id share my stoke.gun)gun):D:D:D:D:Dgun)gun)gun)gun)gun)

It was windy and was just looking for groups as it was easier to hold on the bullseye than to compensate. Baby steps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 86
congratulations,it is a good feeling when your first reloads go bang,even better when they perform well.get ready for a lifetime of searching for the perfect bullet,powder and primer.I started when I was 15 and have been looking for over 40 years.Remember the fun is always in the search and never be satisfied.

congratulations,it is a good feeling when your first reloads go bang,even better when they perform well.get ready for a lifetime of searching for the perfect bullet,powder and primer.I started when I was 15 and have been looking for over 40 years.Remember the fun is always in the search and never be satisfied.

Hahaha yes indeed. I got a whole lot to learn, a whole lot. Can't wait to start reaching out further.

I like loading as much as shooting...my anal-retentive OCD side really comes out

I totally agree. Loading has made shooting more fun. There are always new things to learn and it seems you can always improve. Enjoy your new time and money suck!

Congrats Topper! Yep, that's a good feeling of succesful accomplishment indeed. I remember my first loads were .308 Win loads, and they were tack-driving accurate. It certainly spurred me for life, and made me wonder why I hadn't invested the money years ago!

Keep tweaking away with .1 gr higher, lower, etc... till you get it stacking them in 1 hole cloverleafs.

Looks like you are off to an excellent start! Keep us updated on your load progress.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.