My Birthday Today!

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Well it is my Birthday today – I am 66 years young. I want to get out to do some Coyote/Hog/Deer hunt this evening. Jill may have a different idea for this evening so I may have to wait until tomorrow. However, I do have my equipment ready. The weather is GREAT. No humidity, bugs are gone, and in the high 50s going down into the 40s after the Sun goes down.

I have a hunting spot down the road from our house. It is in a Hollow/Bog right next to recently built Hard Labor Creek Reservoir. I have a tree stand in one set that has an open area about 10 yds by 75 yds. One side is the Reservoir and the other are some hills. Mostly Hard Woods & Pines. I have an inground bait station for Hogs at this spot. Also have several other old cattle fields and a Power Line to hunt on. I have harvested Deer, Hogs, Coyotes and Bob Cat from this area.

I will be taking our Fred Eichler RRA .223 in Wylde chamber, 20" SS Barrel with a 1:8 twist. Shoots 50gr to 77gr really well. I will be using 65gr SGK for this hunt. Will be able to take Deer/Coyotes/Hogs with this bullet.

I will have a YHM Suppressor and two scopes. One for daytime and one for night. I had Leupold modify my VXIII 4.5X14X50 30mm tube with external Target Turrets. This is on a QD mount and also has a Burris III Fast Fire 3 MOA mounted at a 45 angle. On the Muzzle end of the rifle, I also have a BARSKA Green Laser & 200Lumen Light.

Our NV Scope is a Night Vision D-760 Gen 3 Auto Gated, Hand Select with an Infrared (IR) Illuminator.

Will also use a Thermal handheld FILR SCOUT III

We be using Predator Electronic & Mouth Calls

I don't need any LUCK, just need to get out depending on my neck. Pretty sure Jill won't let me out tonight-she has a surprise for me.
Anyway just wanted to let y'all know what I like to do and some of our equipment to get the job and enjoyment of hunting done!

Attachments

• RRA Coyote Left.jpg
    RRA Coyote Left.jpg
    814.8 KB · Views: 58
  • RRA Coyote.jpg
    RRA Coyote.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 61
Well it is my Birthday today – I am 66 years young. I want to get out to do some Coyote/Hog/Deer hunt this evening. Jill may have a different idea for this evening so I may have to wait until tomorrow. However, I do have my equipment ready. The weather is GREAT. No humidity, bugs are gone, and in the high 50s going down into the 40s after the Sun goes down.

I have a hunting spot down the road from our house. It is in a Hollow/Bog right next to recently built Hard Labor Creek Reservoir. I have a tree stand in one set that has an open area about 10 yds by 75 yds. One side is the Reservoir and the other are some hills. Mostly Hard Woods & Pines. I have an inground bait station for Hogs at this spot. Also have several other old cattle fields and a Power Line to hunt on. I have harvested Deer, Hogs, Coyotes and Bob Cat from this area.

I will be taking our Fred Eichler RRA .223 in Wylde chamber, 20" SS Barrel with a 1:8 twist. Shoots 50gr to 77gr really well. I will be using 65gr SGK for this hunt. Will be able to take Deer/Coyotes/Hogs with this bullet.

I will have a YHM Suppressor and two scopes. One for daytime and one for night. I had Leupold modify my VXIII 4.5X14X50 30mm tube with external Target Turrets. This is on a QD mount and also has a Burris III Fast Fire 3 MOA mounted at a 45 angle. On the Muzzle end of the rifle, I also have a BARSKA Green Laser & 200Lumen Light.

Our NV Scope is a Night Vision D-760 Gen 3 Auto Gated, Hand Select with an Infrared (IR) Illuminator.

I don't need any LUCK, just need to get out depending on my neck. Pretty sure Jill won't let me out tonight-she has a surprise for me.
Anyway just wanted to let y'all know what I like to do and some of our equipment to get the job and enjoyment of hunting done!
Happy birthday buddy!!! 🎂

Happy Birthday, young man..