My Birthday Today!

Happy Birthday Len
Thanks Brother!!!
I am sitting here with gear in the truck. Best weather-no wind no bugs and 62 degrees. My stand is 20 minutes away from me in the tree!
Jill will be home in 15 min.
I know if I leave i will stay out all night.
May not get back into the house though!
Go - Stay????

Last edited:
OMG
Jill just surprised me with a full blowen out dinner!
Fresh Cod cooked in Olive oil, tomatoes, and seasoning along to put on top of Angel Hair Pasta!
Home made bread!
Can't leave to hunt not even on my Birthday! My wife Jill is an ANGEL from Heaven!!!!
ME- Luckiest man in the world!
Thanks for all your good wishes on my Birthday!!!

Well it is my Birthday today – I am 66 years young. I want to get out to do some Coyote/Hog/Deer hunt this evening. Jill may have a different idea for this evening so I may have to wait until tomorrow. However, I do have my equipment ready. The weather is GREAT. No humidity, bugs are gone, and in the high 50s going down into the 40s after the Sun goes down.

I have a hunting spot down the road from our house. It is in a Hollow/Bog right next to recently built Hard Labor Creek Reservoir. I have a tree stand in one set that has an open area about 10 yds by 75 yds. One side is the Reservoir and the other are some hills. Mostly Hard Woods & Pines. I have an inground bait station for Hogs at this spot. Also have several other old cattle fields and a Power Line to hunt on. I have harvested Deer, Hogs, Coyotes and Bob Cat from this area.

I will be taking our Fred Eichler RRA .223 in Wylde chamber, 20" SS Barrel with a 1:8 twist. Shoots 50gr to 77gr really well. I will be using 65gr SGK for this hunt. Will be able to take Deer/Coyotes/Hogs with this bullet.

I will have a YHM Suppressor and two scopes. One for daytime and one for night. I had Leupold modify my VXIII 4.5X14X50 30mm tube with external Target Turrets. This is on a QD mount and also has a Burris III Fast Fire 3 MOA mounted at a 45 angle. On the Muzzle end of the rifle, I also have a BARSKA Green Laser & 200Lumen Light.

Our NV Scope is a Night Vision D-760 Gen 3 Auto Gated, Hand Select with an Infrared (IR) Illuminator.

Will also use a Thermal handheld FILR SCOUT III

We be using Predator Electronic & Mouth Calls

I don't need any LUCK, just need to get out depending on my neck. Pretty sure Jill won't let me out tonight-she has a surprise for me.
Anyway just wanted to let y'all know what I like to do and some of our equipment to get the job and enjoyment of hunting done!
Happy Birthday, keep on Trucking. 😎🎊