my 338 lapua savage lrh 111

Well we can't shoot ti far around here. Past 300 yards. If you start dropping bullets into another farmers field then you've declared war lol. But I keep hearing how tough these hogs are I highly doubt ill have a problem with my lapua. Id like to try and kill 2 with one shot. That's why I wasn't looking at a target scope don't want to much narrow fov. Also sometime this month o plan on getting a box of loaded up 280gr barnes lrx

anyone have any accuracy data on these?

I sighted mine in at 100 yards with crap PPU Factory 260 grain FMJBT cartridges and in 6 shots, I made 5 holes. the last 2 went in the same hole. Good enough for this old fart. I'm sure it will do lots better with handloads or Lapua factory Scenars.

Well we can't shoot ti far around here. Past 300 yards. If you start dropping bullets into another farmers field then you've declared war lol. But I keep hearing how tough these hogs are I highly doubt ill have a problem with my lapua. Id like to try and kill 2 with one shot. That's why I wasn't looking at a target scope don't want to much narrow fov. Also sometime this month o plan on getting a box of loaded up 280gr barnes lrx

Be sure to adhere to Savage's recommended barrel break in regimen.

Save your money, factory loads are expensive....

The SS scopes are excellent scopes from what I here. If you give us a price range than we can be a little more specific to your needs. Guys have been using the SS scopes with good success from the smallest calibers to the 50BMG. I wouldn't have a problem with any of them. Now that SWFA took that production over, they have gotten better from what I hear. They had a tough run for a little while up to that point.

Tank

I know the word sniper is somewhat a controversial word but to me its know worse than every manufacturer saying this and that "reduces recoil" or this semi cycles fast than that. I like the super sniper because its simple andi think the name is funny. But they are built like a boulder.I really wanted a german #1 reti:rolleyes:cle though

I mean for hunting to 500 yards depending which field we go to . Im looking at the burris eliminator seems like a good idea but why buy a scope that may limit myself. theres a place close to hear called A.i.M who have a up to a 2000 yard range . id like to go there and shoot so for that i was looking at the sightron 10-50x60 with 1/4" moa clicks SIIISS1050X60LRIRMOA . most all the other scopes above 24x power ive seen have 1/8" clicks which seems like would take longer to dial in on ? how would the super sniper 20x42 compare at 1000 yards ? just dont want to use a scope that may handicap me later down the road

Look at how much adjustment each one has and go with the one that has the most out of the scopes that you are considering. Then buy a 20+ moa base Ryan

If you can flip the coin, go for the Viper PST, Sightron SIII 8-32, Luepy VXIII, might look for a used Leupy MK4, and the SS 5-20HD. In my opinion, you be left wanting with any of these.

On something that cycles fast, I rebuilt a fully automatic, WW II Panzier sub machine gun for a Class 3 collector 2 years ago that does 1200 rpm, belt fed mauser over the top. It's possible to lighten the extractor mechanism to up the cycle rate to 1800 rpm. I can't afford either.....

That's fast.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.