Muzzle breaks and more...

Just to add to your comfort, I ordered a brake from him end of January. It was one of his self-timing brakes that was Cerakoted in the Cobalt color. I received the brake about 3 to 4 weeks after my initial order (the Cerakoting added to my turn-around time). Both the brake and the Cerakoting looked fantastic! You will not be disappointed...

Nathan is definitely GTG. I make a brake of my own but use many of Nathan's as well. It is typical to make the payment then the next thing you hear is the mailman making the delivery. He generally hasn't emailed me back after payment.

I had a similarly uncomfortable coupe of attempts to get brakes from him. I was told the same things as this thread is filled with. I went with Scott Weichel at Live Oak Accuracy https://www.liveoakaccuracy.com
I've heard nothing but nice things about Nathan and MBM brakes. But I couldn't get my questions answered so I went with Scott after I called him, asked questions, got answers and an emailed work order. In fairness, many good craftsmen are not very good businessman. I suspect he is doing everything himself and probably has to choose what to or who to neglect. If that is the case he could likely benefit from adding the right employee or 3 and having a business developed that can grow without loosing quality. ...might even make a handsome living doin it.
Before you start typing, I don't know the dude. I'm putting him in the same category as a couple of very competent gunsmiths I know but don't use because they're too busy doing it all, I mean everything, to answer a call or email and there is way too much faith involved in doing business with them.
All that to say, I couldn't get a hold of him after several attempts, but I hear that's just how he does business. Nice breaks though

I just hope he sends the right one. When I placed the order with PayPal I forgot to add it as for a self-timing beast 2 brake. I sent a couple emails so I hope all works out. I'll give it a month or so before I get nervous

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.