Muzzle brake

overbore

Gents, I have a bum shoulder complete with steel pin insert but I am going to get a 338LM from Surgeon when they are released. I will use a Limb Saver pad and an insert in my shirt but I am asking for any suggestions on a 60% recoil reducing brake. I have a homungous Vias on my 300wsm but looking for more reduction. Many thanks, Overbore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Absolute most recoil reduction will be with a JP cannon style brake as far as I am aware of. Ugly as a mud duck but no question effective.

Other then that I would recommend a Defensive Edge(Shawn Carlocks her on LRH) or a Holland to get that recoil down to comfortable levels for your shoulder.

Kirby Allen(50)

Yep , I second the JP brake they are big and differant looking , butt ugly to some and awsome to others , but they are dead nuts the best for dropping the recoil , muzzel blast is raised but I guess the same as with others.

Getting a 300 gr bullet kicked off is gonna make some energy that only weight can deal with but with a good pad and good brake it shoulden't be a problem unless your gun is gonna be realy light.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.