Muzzle Brake Issue on 338 Edge

Coyboy,

thanks for the link and info the next gun I need a brake for I will be getting in contact with. I like the looks of your brakes. Thanks for the help with yours and Trueblues help I think this is a done issue.

After I spoke with Trueblue on the phone I was never able to get my brothers brake and mine side by side for comparison, one of us always had a different gun and we forgot to just take the brake off and bring it along.

I think I will have my smith open up my 300 RUM brake a bit and see if i can get anymore reduction in kick.

Thanks for the help you two.

Thanks for chiming in on this, Jim.
Cordell, I would like to say however that there is nothing wrong with the design of the brake, just that my smith and yours should have originally installed them with the crown exposed to the first port baffle.
Hopefully, this all makes sense at this point.

Trueblue,

It does make sense thanks for taking the time again to tell me what I did not understand the first time. I agree the brake works!!! The one on the gun you sold Robert makes the 338 fun to shoot. I just got back from my Smith and will take a pic and add it real soon. I had him open up the brake on my 300 RUM too while i was there. I will get out and shoot it this week and see how much better it is now.

Thanks again you two for all the help.

Here is the brake opened up. It is just a hair over 1/2 inch.

DSC_1880_3872x2592.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but in the off chance the OP is still lurking.....did opening up the brake help?

I have a holland QD brake on my 338 Edge shooting 300gr, rifle is light at 11-11.5 lbs...recoil is fairly stiff but not bad, however I can't spot my shots.

Thx

After working with members of this forum, I ordered a 4 port non-magnum Muscle Brake for my 300 Rum. Night and Day. It beat me to death for almost 10 years before I gave in and put a brake on it. Now it is a real ***** cat and can be shot off a bench like a target rifle. The brake works that well.

thanks rch

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.