Muzzle Brake cleaning.

"Pa. Mike"

I realize it depends on type of brake, cartridge being fired etc. but how frequently should a brake be cleaned. That being said, what is the best way to clean a Cerakoted brake in your opinions ? Iam currently using a Ross three port brake. Thank you for any advice you may have.

I clean mine every time I finish a shooting session. I use patch out bore cleaner in the barrel and shoot the muzzle brake with their foam bore cleaner so it expands , gets in all the nooks and crannies. After sitting a few hours, I finish the cleaning process of the brake with pipe cleaners. That's just me, I'm anal about clean guns.

I clean mine every time I finish a shooting session. I use patch out bore cleaner in the barrel and shoot the muzzle brake with their foam bore cleaner so it expands , gets in all the nooks and crannies. After sitting a few hours, I finish the cleaning process of the brake with pipe cleaners. That's just me, I'm anal about clean guns.
I do the same. I foam the barrel first and the the brake. A short time later it's just a matter of clean up.