Mule deer in Campbell county, Wyoming?

Good to know! I there alot of public/BLM land in that area? You know of any cabins or lodging in that area to shack 7-8 people?

There is plenty of BLM and some state land down there. That's why I mentioned it! However, I don't know about accomodations like you are wanting. You may want to look into renting a popup camper or something like that, but you would need more than one for that many people. I don't like to stay in a motel because you lose too much time going back and forth to hunting spots, but you could probably find one in Kaycee.

thanks for the help top gun! I think I will take your advice. do you know if I come across a lot of hunters the opening week?

It's just about impossible to get away from hunters the opening week of any season out there. My advice again would be to go the second week and let things die down. It's also easier to get a place to stay out there after the opening week and there will still be plenty of animals to hunt and not nearly the amount of orange you'd be looking at the first week. If I don't go out for a whole season like I usually can do since I'm retired, I go out the latter half. There's a picture somewhere on this deer forum of the nice 4x4 I got last year on the BLM land I hunt every year out there and it was just a few days before the end of the three week season.

do you or your group usually take out then? 1 last question how far north of barnum would you go 4 good hunting?

I have no idea what your first question is asking? To hunt anywhere that I'm talking about you better take a couple good wall tents with heaters/stoves or small trailers to stay in because the areas are really way too far out to hunt from a motel. The whole area north of Barnum has a lot of BLM along the border of units 32/33 and the better share of 163 on the south end below them is almost all BLM land. You're going to need a good detailed map of that entire area and it would also be best to have a GPS with a chip in it for the state of Wyoming so you know exactly where you are and don't take any chance of trespassing when you're on the ground out there.

He is my advice even though telling you this on a open forum could affect my clients drawing odds.. Avoid region C&Y. Look @ W for mule deer. For antelope look @ 94 & no it don't draw a 100% but you can get great access from $0 to $1000 on the upper end "ya im the upper end guy" or look further east for antelope where you will draw 100% and still find some acess for free.
Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.