Wyoming mule deer

Wyoming is tough for mule deer right now in my opinion. Region g and h have great genetics and therefore a good chance at a great buck at any given time but the rest of the state is tough. I just came back from a hunt in Wyoming in a unit that took me 11 points to draw. I hunted it hard and covered a lot of ground. Never saw a buck over 165ish. Never saw any other deer hunters and saw a ton of deer, just no "big" bucks. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have held out for a better unit as long as I did, I would have hunted region G or H multiple times in the last 10 years. Just my opinion. Hope this helped.

A college buddy and his two buddies pulled out anything from a 170-205 muley out of H this year. Good bucks. Id post their pics but I dont want to post without their permission

Wyoming is tough for mule deer right now in my opinion. Region g and h have great genetics and therefore a good chance at a great buck at any given time but the rest of the state is tough. I just came back from a hunt in Wyoming in a unit that took me 11 points to draw. I hunted it hard and covered a lot of ground. Never saw a buck over 165ish. Never saw any other deer hunters and saw a ton of deer, just no "big" bucks. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have held out for a better unit as long as I did, I would have hunted region G or H multiple times in the last 10 years. Just my opinion. Hope this helped.
Thank you very much

Isn't H mostly wilderness? Assuming you are a nonresident doing a diy hunt. Not sure but I think most are up high until snow pushes them down and south.

Another vote for H. It's the only unit I've hunted in WY but I would go back in a heartbeat. I know a few years ago there was a fire that went through there, not sure how well it's recovered since then.

Great info

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.