Mt goat thread

Threejs

I figure this is the appropriate spot to start a discussion on goats. Anyone have a good Canada guide or AK guide they recommend? Also, anyone that has taken one, are they as tough as they have a reputation for?

I wanted to hunt mountain goats...
For my sins I drew a Montana tag...
Enjoy the hunt...
Suffer the pain...
Cherish the memories...

Attachments

• CCCC3DAF-09C3-4DF3-B16C-8A48D930922F.png
    CCCC3DAF-09C3-4DF3-B16C-8A48D930922F.png
    840.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 5FCA0AF2-5C8D-48AD-941B-230B2AB9BDEC.jpeg
    5FCA0AF2-5C8D-48AD-941B-230B2AB9BDEC.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 159
If you feel lucky buy a raffle ticket here for a great area-

Sponsored by the Alaska Bowhunters Association
1616883112939.jpeg

for Canada Bolen Lewis has a great operation for big goats. They can be "easy" or hard to hunt, but always steep!

Babine guide and outfitters. Been twice great people, book you for x amount of days, fill out early go fishing.

Hunt can be as tough as you want got mine with help and blown out knees. They have lots of mountains to choose from.

Are goats as tough as they say? I haven't seen that, todays bullets seem to do pretty well anchoring them.

Yes, those goats are as tough or tougher than what people say. I had a newfound respect for those animals after my first hunt.

On Kodiak I'd check out Rick Hoskins with Hunt Alaskan Outfitters. Had a great hunt with him. If you want to go where the big boys live check out Bob Milligan in BC. Heading up there next Feb if they ever open the borders.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.