MRC PH Actions, 4.050" Box, .800" Dia Bolt, Plus...

Brent

This action has been getting some serious attention lately, this is something you should check out, for the price, $675.00, it should be a hot item. Here is a part that I thought would specifically interest many from Rod at MRC.

What's everyone think?

Here's a link at the end to the whole topic at AR.

Brent Moffitt
One Of Us
Member # 8568

posted 11-19-2002 08:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rod,

Nice actions. What is the thread dia. and tennon length on the PH? I hope it will be LARGE for longer, say 36", and heavier barrels without always needing a barrel block.

Will you be able to machine a twenty to forty MOA tapored Weaver rail on top for long range use, like Prarie Gun Works Timberwolf action?

When will the RH PH be ready to ship? Before next march I'm hoping.

Thanks

--------------------
...Brent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 53 | From: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: Jun 2002 | IP: Logged

Mingo
One Of Us
Member # 6172

posted 11-19-2002 08:01
Thanks Rod for the info. I guess that all patented features of the Mauser and M-70 are "copyable". Now you guys at MRC need to come up with something totally new to shock the rifle world.

--------------------
It is so cool to be different!
Cheers!
Ming

Posts: 406 | From: Midwest USA | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

Rod@MRC
One Of Us
Member # 7846

posted 11-19-2002 08:03
Part two: As far as proprietary reamers go, usually the reamer manufacturers that have the specs for a current proprietary cartridge (say like a JD Jones cartridge) will not share the engineering info. They direct you back to the "owner" of the design to secure a reamer if the owner will allow it. A 416 Rigby is a SAAMI cartridge, in the public domain.

Now, if a large retail manufacturer decided they wanted to incorporate the M1999 into their product line, and we agreed to let them use our molds (thereby saving them well into six figures of development costs), we would expect a royalty per casting, and probably a relatively small one. It's all about mutual advantage.
Posts: 37 | From: Montana Rifle Company | Registered: Apr 2002 | IP: Logged

Rod@MRC
One Of Us
Member # 7846

posted 11-19-2002 08:22
Brent: You've caught me at home and away from my engineering repository. So I'll have to shoot from memory.

The thread diameter is larger than the LA which is 1.000-16. The receiver ring went up in diameter by .150 to 1.500 and I believe we spec'd 1.125 as the thread diameter with a LE of .750, or maybe .850. We will be extending the ring well forward and the recoil lug with it, to get a LOT of wood or whatever between the lug and the guard screw.

"YOU" will be able to machine a long range ramp. We're going to leave an extra .025 on top of the design height of the square bridges - which will in and of themselves offer some options. There are so many alternatives with square bridges, we're just going to leave them blank.

The first iteration of the PH design will be out of CAD just before Thanksgiving. Will it be right? (laughs here). I suspect we'll have to tweek it a couple of weeks, but then we have to get a move on to have prototypes ready for the Shot Show. Here's the crunch. It takes 22-26 weeks to get a good first article once you start mold development. Add another 30 days for the first limited production run after first article. March of 2003? Not unless we invent a time machine first. We grossly underestimated the mold development time in the LA. (9-10 weeks) Nobody was happy about that.

With a good clean plan, late summer.

Rod@MRC
One Of Us
Member # 7846

posted 11-19-2002 08:29
....something totally new to shock the rifle world.

Now isn't that an interesting idea.

MRC Actions

[ 11-19-2002: Message edited by: Brent ]

I have been following that thread also. I like the way the action is designed, too bad it will be next summer before we get to see a PH.
confused.gif

Bob T

Welcome to Long Range Hunting, looks like you've been registered for a while, thanks for joining in.

/r

On those actions, it's an addiction for me, I'm going to end up getting one and having some Monster built... should be fun though!

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.