Most Wicked Long Range Wildcat Debate!

WOW! That is smokin' fast. How many rounds are you (realistically) hoping to reach for accurate barrel life?
Some the 4 and 8 gauge side by side with under lever latch were some monster. The 4 gauge is 100mm or 4" diameter. Thesegun) guns were used in Africa ,before the smokeless rifles came out and took over the hunting world. I read article in one of gun magazine where the author took one the shotguns sitting on a sled on the snow and fired it.

Came across this when I was looking for 338 raptor brass. Not much makes the 375 cheytac look like a little b**ch.! From what I was told it's a good bit bigger than the 375VM and uses the same rim diameter at the cheytac.

If its brass is anywhere near as the cheytac it might over take the 50BMG.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 76
the 375 Chey Tac "long" case is exactly that, 375 CT basic brass left long and necked to 375 cal, 3.6" case length ...... here's a pic I took to compare to a few others .......

from left to right ......

416 Viersco Magnum
375 CheyTac Long
408 CheyTac
375 CheyTac
416 SnipeTac
338 SnipeTac
338 Extreme
338 Excalibur
378 Wby Mag
338 Edge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 78
heres a few to compare against the 338 Raptor
original 338 Raptor was based on the 338 Excalibur but final product is a 338 Lapua "long" improved ... this case is essentially a 338 Lapua Mag long basic brass .....

left to right....

264 Win Mag AI
338 Lapua
284 Tyrannos
338 Raptor
500 Weatherby
416 Viersco Mag

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 83
I have been interested in building a 375-416 Barrett for some time.
There are posts on here over the years warning that we don't have
slow enough powders to make this wildcat really shine.

Now what I am reading is that there are cartridges larger than the
375 C-T that must surely be approaching 200-gr water capacity,
which I think is right around the 416 Barrett case.

The comparatively short-fat Barrett case "should" have a burn
advantage over the long-skinny C-T derivatives, no ?

TXA:

Brass & pressure.

Well, that's certainly plausible. I've not read that specifically for this brass.

What choices are there for 416 Barrett brass ?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.